Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Eishtec training in Waterford start yet?

Options
  • 12-05-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I had two interviews recently in eishtech already and have got no reply or email saying that I have been unsuccessful I'm just wondering are they still hiring or should I look elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

michel1234 wrote: »
    I had two interviews recently in eishtech already and have got no reply or email saying that I have been unsuccessful I'm just wondering are they still hiring or should I look elsewhere?

for your well being, id look else where but if you're hell bent, give them a call. im sure theres a slot there for you somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michel1234

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I might just look elsewhere, not really sure what there playing at haha

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I might just look elsewhere, not really sure what there playing at haha

give them a ring and see what the story is. you d never know your luck but ive been told theyre terrible to work for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Why don't you give them a ring? It will show them how keen you are and it'll do no harm whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Girlfriend works there, was waiting a while after the 2 interviews to find out too, rang one morning, they rang back the next and offered it. Better to ring and get closure while seeming eager I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Eishtec Call Centre - The place to work if you want an hour to feel like five, be spoken to like you're a sub-human degenerate for a living and also want to age 5 years in 1 year.

Eishtec Call Centre - The place to work if you want an hour to feel like five, be spoken to like you're a sub-human degenerate for a living and also want to age 5 years in 1 year.

i suspect you could be right there. i know somebody that they tried to force them to sign a contract stating if they terminated their contract, i.e. walked out, theyd be fined 200 euro. nice company to work for! have you worked there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

not trying to derail the thread but why are they so bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

deadybai wrote: »
    not trying to derail the thread but why are they so bad?

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Does anyone know if there still discriminating against people who come from unemployment ? When I started I had to do 80 hours training for two weeks dole, while the people who started from other jobs got two weeks wages..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

Is that even legal?

Is that even legal?

im afraid it looks like the labor laws have been temporarily suspended mainly by our government. i believe its for the greater good of our country or something like that!

Does anyone know if there still discriminating against people who come from unemployment ? When I started I had to do 80 hours training for two weeks dole, while the people who started from other jobs got two weeks wages..

id be joining a union if i was you

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    id be joining a union if i was you

It was nearly 3 years ago now. At the time me and several other people who would of came from unemployment were just happy to get a job, so challenging it when my foot was only in the door probably wouldn't of being the smartest thing to do.

I still feel cheated out of two weeks wages though, literally people were made do 80 hours for free. Was just curious to see if it's still happening, it's out and out criminal tbh.

It was nearly 3 years ago now. At the time me and several other people who would of came from unemployment were just happy to get a job, so challenging it when my foot was only in the door probably wouldn't of being the smartest thing to do.

I still feel cheated out of two weeks wages though, literally people were made do 80 hours for free. Was just curious to see if it's still happening, it's out and out criminal tbh.

id say its a dreadful place to work but im the kinna a*shole that would join a union just to annoy them. i do understand where you're coming from though with just being in the door. have you any other stories from the place?

id say its a dreadful place to work but im the kinna a*shole that would join a union just to annoy them. i do understand where you're coming from though with just being in the door. have you any other stories from the place?

There was no union in there, so the staff have zero say. I'm sure you could go about getting someone in to represent you alright, I definitely should have.

Buckets loads of stories within the 6 months I was there if I'm being honest, but not to harp on too much i'll just leave you with one more that use to drive me insane. You have 10 minutes a day toilet time on an 8 hour shift, its called personal time. If you go over on this you will hear about it. There solution to this supposed problem is to go on your breaks!. I often tried to explain that the human metabolism doesn't run on eishtecs time scale and when nature calls it calls !.

Brown nosing/lick arsing skills are essential if you want to get some time off the phones in there too. I couldn't sell my soul to do it, but I probably should have, the mental scarring would of been less. :)

No different to Talk Talk so. Not surprising that the same heads are running Eistec.

Remember that they had money thrown at them by the government when TalkTalk closed and that wont last forever. The company is competing with indians and Filipinos on about 1 euro an hour. Thats not sustainable.

If you do work there please at least do a course on the side because the grants will run out and you'll be out on your ass. Really sad to see 35+ year olds coming out of TalkTalk and realising that they are no use to anyone and just wasted years of their life in a ****ty call centre. Funny seeing the up their own arse managers in that situation but not the innocent enough types that caused no one any bother. Plenty of 1 or 2 day a week courses in WIT that will get you a good job.

There was no union in there, so the staff have zero say. I'm sure you could go about getting someone in to represent you alright, I definitely should have.

Buckets loads of stories within the 6 months I was there if I'm being honest, but not to harp on too much i'll just leave you with one more that use to drive me insane. You have 10 minutes a day toilet time on an 8 hour shift, its called personal time. If you go over on this you will hear about it. There solution to this supposed problem is to go on your breaks!. I often tried to explain that the human metabolism doesn't run on eishtecs time scale and when nature calls it calls !.

Brown nosing/lick arsing skills are essential if you want to get some time off the phones in there too. I couldn't sell my soul to do it, but I probably should have, the mental scarring would of been less. :)

Its just so sad to think that people go into a place like that and literally have the time it takes to take a piss and wash your hands measured.

Its just so sad to think that people go into a place like that and literally have the time it takes to take a piss and wash your hands measured.

im actually very disturbed listening to these stories. id have their heads wrecked if i was there. very disturbing industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Knowing what some of the management are like, as I do only too well, I'm not at all surprised to hear these stories about Eishtec. Some things never change!

Plenty of 1 or 2 day a week courses in WIT that will get you a good job.

even though a great piece of advice, this isnt always possible when you factor in kids and cost etc. my suspicions lead me to believe that a large portion of the workforce of these companies may have very poor levels of education or may not have been strong performers in our educational system. id be interested to hear peoples opinions on this?

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Some things never change!

and this is what needs to happen to this industry. these people just need support to do so

even though a great piece of advice, this isnt always possible when you factor in kids and cost etc. my suspicions lead me to believe that a large portion of the workforce of these companies may have very poor levels of education or may not have been strong performers in our educational system. id be interested to hear peoples opinions on this?

I wouldn't agree with that. When I was in AOL/Talk Talk there was plenty of educated people. The main problem was people got too comfortable. Myself included. This is what these companies bank on. I have vowed to nver return to that line of work again and I am happy to say that after a time at WIT I am now doing something I enjoy.

For me it opened my eyes to the importance of a 3rd level education these days. Having a job this bad motivated me to return to college at 26, athough I still personally think a degree is essentially an overpriced piece of paper that puts the average person in debt. There's jobs out there that monkeys could do that require 3rd level qualifications but it's a sign of the times.

Waterford hasn't got much to offer people these days either so unless your willing to travel places like eishtec will thrive. Relistically we have very few decent paid jobs here right now so people take what they can get, that's how most end up there imo. There's just as many people with degrees in eishtec as ones without. I knew several people with 3rd level qualfications who couldnt find work in the sectors relevant to there qualification so we're forced to take jobs like eishtec in order to pay off college debts, it's a vicious circle, education is far from free.

For me it opened my eyes to the importance of a 3rd level education these days. Having a job this bad motivated me to return to college at 26, athough I still personally think a degree is essentially an overpriced piece of paper that puts the average person in debt. There's jobs out there that monkeys could do that require 3rd level qualifications but it's a sign of the times.

Waterford hasn't got much to offer people these days either so unless your willing to travel places like eishtec will thrive. Relistically we have very few decent paid jobs here right now so people take what they can get, that's how most end up there imo. There's just as many people with degrees in eishtec as ones without. I knew several people with 3rd level qualfications who couldnt find work in the sectors relevant to there qualification so we're forced to take jobs like eishtec in order to pay off college debts, it's a vicious circle, education is far from free.

you ve just summoned up a lot of serious matters that have been bothering me for some time now. one of the main things im looking for from our politicians is a free education system for ireland. we re moving ever so closer to the american way of economics and education. this is bothering me a lot. this is not the ireland i want to live in. this kind of system creates more problems than it solves

I wouldn't agree with that. When I was in AOL/Talk Talk there was plenty of educated people. The main problem was people got too comfortable. Myself included. This is what these companies bank on. I have vowed to nver return to that line of work again and I am happy to say that after a time at WIT I am now doing something I enjoy.

We need to differentiate between educated people and people with qualifications.

TalkTalk was full to the brim with people who went from Mammy, to school to WIT to TalkTalk. The amount of just pure lazy and unmotivated people who had no desire at all to be in better jobs was very high. They likely went to college just because it was the easiest step after mammy and school.

I would say someone is educated when they have a qualification such as a Degree or even a trade but they ALSO want to keep progressing in life. A 40 year old who doesn't see a problem with sitting in a call centre for 10 years is not educated to me. How many people like that got kicked right in the bollix when they closed TalkTalk? Too many.

We need to differentiate between educated people and people with qualifications.

TalkTalk was full to the brim with people who went from Mammy, to school to WIT to TalkTalk. The amount of just pure lazy and unmotivated people who had no desire at all to be in better jobs was very high. They likely went to college just because it was the easiest step after mammy and school.

I would say someone is educated when they have a qualification such as a Degree or even a trade but they ALSO want to keep progressing in life. A 40 year old who doesn't see a problem with sitting in a call centre for 10 years is not educated to me. How many people like that got kicked right in the bollix when they closed TalkTalk? Too many.

id have to disagree with a lot of things here.

theres nothing wrong with people wanting to hang back and enjoy life at any stage of their life. i suspect a lot of these people were actually just having fun and enjoying their lives. a great approach to life i may add. life isnt always about the career. in fact i find a lot of career driven people very boring at times. i think they forget to live life and have fun.

i would qualify somebody that is educated as being a person that has experienced many things in life, has made some sound judgements on their experiences, maybe even changed their opinions as a consequence of those experiences. dont forget, some of the most sharpest people on this planet have little or no qualifications. we have a tendency in this part of the world to think the piece of paper is the only way to gain education or qualifications in life. after spending a large portion of my adult life in our educational system, ive realised, its actually a big memory test. what education is this really giving people?

id have to disagree with your last statement. its actually wrong for companies to treat people like they did in talktalk. people are not commodities and should not be treated as such. people are the most important asset a business has. without them, a business is just ideas on pieces of paper. who knows, some of the people working there could have been busy raising families or as i said, just enjoying life. i also suspect the call centre industry is an extremely demoralising industry to work in. apologies, ive no experience in this industry. this can have detrimental affects on people's self confidence and drive in life in order to better their situation. your lucky you have the drive to better yourself. good for you, but not everybody is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Anyone can get a degree - there is nothing to it.

Just go over to WIT - it is near impossible to fail an undergraduate course unless you are extremely unmotivated or don't turn up to the majority of classes.

The biggest problem here is that people get a degree and get a sense of superiority over others.

• Advertisement

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Anyone can get a degree - there is nothing to it.

Just go over to WIT - it is near impossible to fail an undergraduate course unless you are extremely unmotivated or don't turn up to the majority of classes.

hahaha i like it and i think there is some sort of truth to it. i have seen it for myself. on a more serious note, its another major failing in our educational system. ive been told stories and many wealthy foreigners passing through our educational system and being simply unable to do the work but paying their way through the system. is this what we want from our educational system?

Advertisement