Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Eishtec training in Waterford start yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

We need to differentiate between educated people and people with qualifications.

TalkTalk was full to the brim with people who went from Mammy, to school to WIT to TalkTalk. The amount of just pure lazy and unmotivated people who had no desire at all to be in better jobs was very high. They likely went to college just because it was the easiest step after mammy and school.

I would say someone is educated when they have a qualification such as a Degree or even a trade but they ALSO want to keep progressing in life. A 40 year old who doesn't see a problem with sitting in a call centre for 10 years is not educated to me. How many people like that got kicked right in the bollix when they closed TalkTalk? Too many.

Be careful you don't fall off your high horse. Though the bull**** oozing from you might break your fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

We need to differentiate between educated people and people with qualifications.

TalkTalk was full to the brim with people who went from Mammy, to school to WIT to TalkTalk. The amount of just pure lazy and unmotivated people who had no desire at all to be in better jobs was very high. They likely went to college just because it was the easiest step after mammy and school.

I would say someone is educated when they have a qualification such as a Degree or even a trade but they ALSO want to keep progressing in life. A 40 year old who doesn't see a problem with sitting in a call centre for 10 years is not educated to me. How many people like that got kicked right in the bollix when they closed TalkTalk? Too many.

As someone who worked in TalkTalk, I can honestly say that you're talking out of your rectum. Who are you to judge what people do for a living? What if someone was ambitious but couldn't afford to move jobs due to personal circumstances? People don't always work in call centres because they are lazy. One of the most arrogant posts I've seen on here in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    As someone who worked in TalkTalk, I can honestly say that you're talking out of your rectum. Who are you to judge what people do for a living? What if someone was ambitious but couldn't afford to move jobs due to personal circumstances? People don't always work in call centres because they are lazy. One of the most arrogant posts I've seen on here in a long time.

Did i say they all work in a call centre because they are lazy? NO

I was replying to someone who said that the people there were not educated. I was saying that there were far too many people who had Degrees and Masters but couldn't be bothered to get out of the minimum wage job.

The amount of people who went into that place as healthy young fit qualified young people and came out 5-10 years later with an extra 10 inches on their waist and zero ambition was unbelievable.

That call centre destroyed a lot of lives in Waterford and now Eishtec is even ****ing worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Did i say they all work in a call centre because they are lazy? NO

I was replying to someone who said that the people there were not educated. I was saying that there were far too many people who had Degrees and Masters but couldn't be bothered to get out of the minimum wage job.

The amount of people who went into that place as healthy young fit qualified young people and came out 5-10 years later with an extra 10 inches on their waist and zero ambition was unbelievable.

That call centre destroyed a lot of lives in Waterford and now Eishtec is even ****ing worse.

There was some people that couldnt be bothered, but what you said was an unfair generalization. Many friends of mine have done extremely well for themselves since leaving TalkTalk, due to being given the opportunity to return to education. Its not always easy for people to give up a fulltime job, especially in the period between 2008 and 2011. Many very well educated people in TalkTalk didnt move on because they couldnt, not because they couldnt have been arsed, as you seem to think. There wasnt exactly a lot of jobs in the city at the time.

Agree with you on Eishtec though, I've heard some pretty bad stories about how they treat people there. And knowing who the senior management is up there, it doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

Advertisement