Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water out in Donaghmede. No updates

Options
  • 12-05-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

So, the water has been out in Donaghmede since about 12:30pm today. Checked with the neighbours and they have no water either. I checked the IW website and there is no mention of the issue. This was at 4:30. I rang them and the guy I spoke to, while having a good phone manner, was not very helpful. He seemed to think that Donaghmede was in Fingal coco area, even after I said it was Dublin City. He asked if I was near Portrane :eek:

Anyway, after putting me on hold for a minute, he came back to me to say there was nothing on the system about a problem in Donaghmede, but a colleague had told him that the main Donaghmede line was burst. There was no lead time for having it repaired, but the crew was already on site, he said. He then said to check back on the site in a couple of hours for updates....:rolleyes:

Anyone else know about this? Seems odd that a burst main would go without a mention for 4 hours and that only one other person rang about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

this was on the dublin city council twitter:

Burst water main in Donaghmede/Clongriffin area. Crews are working to restore supply as soon as possible. — 14 hours 40 min ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

whiskeyman wrote: »
    this was on the dublin city council twitter:

Burst water main in Donaghmede/Clongriffin area. Crews are working to restore supply as soon as possible. — 14 hours 40 min ago

When looking at the DCC website, anything related to water services was directed to the Irish Water contact details. A few minutes after I called about, they put it up on the website.

Advertisement