Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Bank sponsorship for my sports club

• 12-05-2015 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello,
    This is my very 1st post so I hope I'm in the right forum.

Anyway, I've been told that various bank branches in my area have been told to sponsor local clubs/events. So the question is could anyone give me some suggestions what I should include in an introduction letter from my club?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The 5 w's -

Who you are...
    What the club does...
    When and Where is the event....
    Why the bank should sponsor your event.....

Also mention how much you are looking for.

Follow up with a visit to the branch and be prepared to wait to see the Manager. They may have other appointments.

Remember, if you don't ask, you don't get!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

In addition to Gloom's points above, the no-brainer part of this is the bank guy has been told to sponsor clubs..... you need to convince him that your club is the best one. Find out how many of your members bank with that branch, solicit their help ("The club is trying to get sponsorship from XBranch of YBank plc and if you are a customer of theirs and in good standing with them it would be helpful to our cause if you made a call in support of our application..")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 irlcncrk

Thanks very much to both Gloomtastic! and pedroeibar1, much appreciated.

I was looking at my blank MS-Word document wondering where I could start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Start with google! letter asking for sponsorship for sport gives lots of results and ideas.

Advertisement