Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play CDs on a laptop

Options
  • 12-05-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I am having trouble with Windows Media Player. I use MS Windows 8.1 on a HP Laptop.

When trying to play music using Windows Media Player I see at the screen bottom “updating media library: C:\users\noelf_000\pictures”. Then I see the message “Windows Media Player has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”.

Options are:
    get help for Microsoft, what is the best way to do this?
    Get Help from HP, What is the best way?
    Replace Windows Media Player with another music Player. What is best?
    Refresh/restore computer?
    I am told re-installing Media Player will not work, as my library is corrupted.

What would you advise? I really would appreciate help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Media Monkey is the music software I use, Songbird is another alternative, or Jukebox Player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

VLC - it plays anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭noelfitz

Digital Solitude and Excollier,

many thanks for your replies.

It seems the best approach for me is to ignore Media Player and move to completely new software.

Usually when I get a CD I put it on my HD and subsequently play it via my computer.

Thanks again.

Advertisement