Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Unlocking Emobile- new contract

• 12-05-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi guys

my father has his own business which includes a number of phones, there on bill pay with emobile. hes been on this contract 3+ years paying 35+ per phone. most of which is probably irrelevant. he gets yearly upgrades, its due now, we are thinking of getting a iPhone 5s/6 and i using it myself (on Vodafone)

now i have read on the website that you can unlock the phone if you've paid so much and been with them so long, all of with we pass.

so if i (my father) ask them to unlock the phone (just after resigning a contract) how will they react?

thanks in advance

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Might be different for a business account but they generally won't do it until you are half way through the current contract. It's probably different for business but when you get a new phone you are usually entering into a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ebay unlock, pay by paypal. Around €30.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DOn't know if its different on business, but eMobile won't unlock early generally, you have to wait until contract is paid. Apparently the eBay unlocks won't work for eMobile either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

whiterebel wrote: »
    DOn't know if its different on business, but eMobile won't unlock early generally, you have to wait until contract is paid. Apparently the eBay unlocks won't work for eMobile either.

They will unlock when you have a year and a day done. You can downgrade price plan then as well. I did it a little over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ROB42

ok, is there any shops that will do it talking to two in tullamore and no luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

ROB42 wrote: »
    ok, is there any shops that will do it talking to two in tullamore and no luck

No emobile are the only one.s

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ROB42

crap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    They will unlock when you have a year and a day done. You can downgrade price plan then as well. I did it a little over a year ago.

Typical different information from eMobile. Wouldn't unlock mine until my contract was finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

whiterebel wrote: »
    Typical different information from eMobile. Wouldn't unlock mine until my contract was finished
    They wouldn't unlock the gf's either and she only had two weeks if even left on her contract.

Advertisement