Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used an Huawei Ascend G7? Any Recommendations?

• 12-05-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

Very reasonably priced with decent all round specs, good camera aswell! Processor is the only let down I can see, and the screen not been full HD but I can live with the screen.
    I am thinking of getting one to replace my iPhone 4 as I'm sick of iOS. Havent been able to find much opinions on the phone during the search.

I was also looking at the LG G3, fantastic specs and reviews but it is €445 on expansys whereas the G7 is about €270.

I'm not sure if I'd want to go about €350 - €380 mark.

Anyway, has anyone any experience with Ascend G7? Or any other recommendations within my preferred budget? I'm just looking for something with a decent sized screen, and camera really, and android, of course :)

PS: I cant post link to G7 specs because I'm a new user unfortunately

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

My nexus 4 died recently and after a lot of searching I ended up with an LG G2. The reasons for this were simple, I wanted something that either had pure Android or a strong CM12 community so I could put pure android on it. A lot of companies Android versions are ridiculous, Samsung for example is terrible and what came with the LG was brutal too. Pure android meant a Nexus 5 or 6 but the 6 is too big so I didn't want that and the battery life of the Nexus 5 is poor so I started looking at CM options.

The LG G2 while not a new phone was a big upgrade on the N4 processor. The LG android software is really bad but i didnt mind as i had no intention of using it anyway and now it has CM12 loaded its as fast as you can get (I have an iphone 5s for work which I hate compared to the LG) I paid €200 for it on Amazon.de and its the bees knees.

If I were you I would look for a phone that has a strong CM12 community and go from there. There is absolutely no need for the latest models as current and one generation old models run brilliantly on Android 5/CM12 so much so that my LG G2 is as fast at everything as the iPhone 5s and looks 100 times better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Few people in this thread have a G7, they seem pretty positive generally.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057412721/2/#post95324601

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

€380? Oneplus One comes to mind first. It has much better specs and a bigger fanbase than the G7. Not sure what aftersales support is like though but have read of some less than stellar stuff. The phone itself is supposed to be phenomenal. And won't have that awful Emotion UI that Huawei insists on plaguing their phones with.

You might get the G3 cheaper on Amazon.de or .fr instead of expansys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

€380? Oneplus One comes to mind first. It has much better specs and a bigger fanbase than the G7. Not sure what aftersales support is like though but have read of some less than stellar stuff.

Yeah I was looking into the OPO originally but there seems to be a load of people having touchscreen issues, and apparently its a hardware issue.

Also, Thanks for the info AndersLimpar I'll look into the G2 a bit and see what it's about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

LG G4 was released this week, so expect the G3 to drop in price over the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

brimal wrote: »
    LG G4 was released this week, so expect the G3 to drop in price over the coming weeks

I hope so, havent seen on any Irish retailers yet, so it m ay be another few weeks before it hits here!

If the G3 drops below the 400 mark I think I'll make a move for it

Advertisement