Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offaly v Longford Senior football result

• 12-05-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the result? Nothing on the GAA website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lucena wrote: »
    Does anyone know the result? Nothing on the GAA website.

its not on till Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is it the recent league match you're asking about? Don't know the score, but Offaly won.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

You'd wonder what the best option would be on Sunday. Get beat and enter qualifiers in Rd 1 or win and get hammered away to Dublin and enter the qualifiers in Rd 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Thanks for the answers. Was looking it up for my parents who were convinced the match was played last Saturday.

By the way, could anyone point me in the direction of a guide to how the football and hurling championships now work? I left Ireland in the early days of the introduction of the 'back door' system and am now completely lost as to how things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Lucena wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers. Was looking it up for my parents who were convinced the match was played last Saturday.

By the way, could anyone point me in the direction of a guide to how the football and hurling championships now work? I left Ireland in the early days of the introduction of the 'back door' system and am now completely lost as to how things work.

In football the provincial championships largely the same. 4 of them with 4 winners going into the All Ireland QF.
    All teams knocked out of their provincial championships before the semi enter the qualifiers in Round 1. So prelim and QF losers. (Except New York)
    All teams knocked out of the provincial championship at the semis enter the qualifiers in Rd 2 and get drawn against the winners of Rd 1.
    Rd 3 are the Rd 2 winners drawn against each other.
    The 4 Rd 3 winners then get drawn against 4 provincial final losers in Rd 4. The 4 winners of Rd 4 get drawn against the 4 provincial champions in the All Ireland QF and you can work it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

iDave wrote: »
    You'd wonder what the best option would be on Sunday. Get beat and enter qualifiers in Rd 1 or win and get hammered away to Dublin and enter the qualifiers in Rd 1.

Both teams will (with near certainty) be entering the qualifiers at Rd 1 stage anyway, so I suppose you might as well try and win this one and get that extra game, otherwise it's a long long wait for the qualifiers to start. If you could win this one and then give Dublin some sort of a game that would at least give you something to build on, whereas the losers of this are probably going nowhere as far as this year's championship is concerned. You'll have lads p1ssing off to the US and whatnot, and by the time the qualifiers come around any sort of momentum you had is well gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

this will be alot closer than in croke park 3 weeks ago, but if offaly can get enough ball into their forward line i think a 4 or 5 point win for offaly will be the result.

Do Offaly have the best looking physio in the game? :)

http://m.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0517/701737-offaly-longford-roy-malone-reaction/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Don't think that's their physio. She has an Offaly flag in her hand and ripped jeans. Probably your man's missus.

Still..

Nib wrote: »
    Don't think that's their physio. She has an Offaly flag in her hand and ripped jeans. Probably your man's missus.

Still..

Jeez never actually studied that picture in greater detail until now tbh :)

Yer man looked injured and she looked like she was looking toward the sideline for assistance lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement