Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening help for beginner

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

No idea where to start.blank canvas at front. Looking to do something in front corner near bins in the picture to provide some privacy between houses.Neighbour doesn't like hedges.... Maybe a weeping willow and some plants . Any ideas ??? I have no clue where to begin.Not much Sun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ss32

I can't post images. Basically a square front garden. Terraced house-low dividing wall :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin City Handyman

ss32 wrote: »
    I can't post images. Basically a square front garden. Terraced house-low dividing wall :-)
    Lidle... Have red robbin plants in €3.99 each.. cheep and cheerful... they grow in to a nice manageable hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ss32

Thanks-will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Lidle... Have red robbin plants in €3.99 each.. cheep and cheerful... they grow in to a nice manageable hedge.

They can get very tall if left so you'd need to prune regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

ss32 wrote: »
    No idea where to start.blank canvas at front. Looking to do something in front corner near bins in the picture to provide some privacy between houses.Neighbour doesn't like hedges.... Maybe a weeping willow and some plants . Any ideas ??? I have no clue where to begin.Not much Sun.

As long as it's on your side of the wall/fence you can plant all the hedges you like.

Weeping willows grow into very large trees, just so you know.

Are you looking for something tall or short? Bushy or more 'architectural'? Flowers? Spikes? What kind of colour would you like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement