Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spent Mayfly fishing

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

I need advice on spent mayfly fishing ie methods,time of day,pattern of fly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭decdon

I need advice on spent mayfly fishing ie methods,time of day,pattern of fly.

Generally it is hard to predict! Dry fly, mainly evenings but wind direction/ speed, rain and air temperature can influence whether or not they go out on the water to lay eggs. Then if all conditions are good then you have to hope the trout are there to feed on them. Patterns vary from Lake to lake so any local could help you with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭minktrapper

decdon wrote: »
    Generally it is hard to predict! Dry fly, mainly evenings but wind direction/ speed, rain and air temperature can influence whether or not they go out on the water to lay eggs. Then if all conditions are good then you have to hope the trout are there to feed on them. Patterns vary from Lake to lake so any local could help you with that one.
    Forgot to say I am fishing a river.

Advertisement