Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mizuno Wave Inspires vs Nike Lunarglide

Options
  • 12-05-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭

So for the last 3 years I have worn Mizuno wave Inspires for running (9 & 10). I over pronate so found these pretty good. I wasnt too happy with the 10 though, just not as good as the 9s. From reading online a lot say that the 11s are back on track but I am a bit worried about getting them again and not being happy.

From doing a lot of research online the Lunarglide 6 seems to be a pretty good shoe. They are also for over pronation and Im thinking will do me perfect.

I know the best thing would be to go to a shop that has them all and check, gait analysis etc and thats something I will try to do (I live pretty far away from any good shops) but in the mean time can anyone offer any opinion on the Nikes? Are they a good fit and how do they compare to the Inspires, if you've used them too.

I'd mainly use them for long distance (half, fulls etc) but would only be doing one this year

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Auntie Matter

Depends how much stability you need - I wore Lunarglide 5s last year but found the soles too soft and flexible for my over-pronation and not great for anything over 5 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

event wrote: »
    So for the last 3 years I have worn Mizuno wave Inspires for running (9 & 10). I over pronate so found these pretty good. I wasnt too happy with the 10 though, just not as good as the 9s. From reading online a lot say that the 11s are back on track but I am a bit worried about getting them again and not being happy.

From doing a lot of research online the Lunarglide 6 seems to be a pretty good shoe. They are also for over pronation and Im thinking will do me perfect.

I know the best thing would be to go to a shop that has them all and check, gait analysis etc and thats something I will try to do (I live pretty far away from any good shops) but in the mean time can anyone offer any opinion on the Nikes? Are they a good fit and how do they compare to the Inspires, if you've used them too.

I'd mainly use them for long distance (half, fulls etc) but would only be doing one this year

Thanks

I never ran in the 9s but had a few pairs of the 10 and loved them. I don't like the 11, I find them a wee bit narrower and the upper is a bit thicker. Ill be trying to find a couple of pairs of the 10 over the next few weeks. From what I can gather the 11 is a very similar shoe to the 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Gas how people read shoes. I love the 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 and hated the 8 & 10 especially.

The 11 are my current go to shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

I loved the 9s, so maybe the 11s will be a good choice then

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

I have had the Inspire 9,10 and currently using the 11. I actually really liked the 10 but the 11 is more stable and has a far more sturdy feel- definitely more like the 9.
    I reckon I got through two pairs of the 10s in the same time as I have got through one the 8 or 11s, so there you go. In total I have gone through six pairs from the Inspire range in the last 4 years, and I need a fresh pair again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Sorry to dig this up again (last post nearly a month ago) but curious to hear how the 11's are. Had Wave Inspires from 7 up to 10 with no issues, bought a pair of 10's and only broke them in about two months ago as I was rotating two pairs of 9's before that. Loved the 9's but the 10's are cutting the tops of my big toes. The bit below the laces seems to be cutting into the top of my big toes (not the tip of my toe but the top where my toe joins my foot if you get what I mean).

From what i read the 11's are a different design, was this a common issue with the 10's?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

lway wrote: »
    Sorry to dig this up again (last post nearly a month ago) but curious to hear how the 11's are. Had Wave Inspires from 7 up to 10 with no issues, bought a pair of 10's and only broke them in about two months ago as I was rotating two pairs of 9's before that. Loved the 9's but the 10's are cutting the tops of my big toes. The bit below the laces seems to be cutting into the top of my big toes (not the tip of my toe but the top where my toe joins my foot if you get what I mean).

From what i read the 11's are a different design, was this a common issue with the 10's?

I didn't have any of those problems, but I did wear a hole in the upper on both my pairs (located around the top of my big toe nail). That was on both my pairs of 10s.

No problems at all to report on the 11s apart from me wearing them out already- over 2000km on them already :o
    I am happy with them, so I'll buy another pair this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

lway wrote: »

I didn't have the issue personally in my 10's but I do know there were people who struggled with the shoes and I would have changed anyone who had a problem to a different shoe.

There is a plastic bonding plate at the bottom of the laces which is needed for the hot melt type of material in the upper. That issue no longer exists in the 11 as they went to the more traditional design of the upper.

Advertisement