Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you can't produce House Insurance Cert

Options
  • 12-05-2015 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

There is a lot of talk about keeping important doc's like Title Deeds, Insurance Certs etc safe in a fireproof safe.

Suppose you have House Insurance and your house burns down a long with your insurance certificate can a company refuse your claim unless you produce the cert.

There are so many 'get out clauses' with insurance companies now a days I wonder is this another of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

More the inconvenience factor I would have thought.

I know I've insured my property, but no idea who my policy is currently with - keep the documents safe would save a lot of hassle in the event of a fire, but what are the odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

pay for insurance by credit card, then worst case you can get a statment copy from bank later and show that you did pay the ABC Insurance Company EUR 500 on 01/01/2015.... and that was surely for your house insurance...

they would actually be lying if they said no, that was for car insurance,

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Photocopy the relevant page(s) of the policy and leave the copies in an envelope with a family member at another address.

Sounds a bit OTT I know but you need backup of everything these days given the idiots you now encounter in insurance companies and the like !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭somejoke

Cheers lads, I've photographed the main details on the cert and saved it in my gmail.

Have to hope the house never burns down and I don't get Alzheimer’s :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement