Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d&d party

Options
  • 12-05-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello guys!
    I'm looking for a d&d party, I played a couple of years before to move in Ireland, and I would like start again.
    I'm not able to mastering but I can be a good player, I would like play with "open mind" people, that means: personal background, personal story and not following the rules strictly.
    I know that my english is still a ****, but please, don't care about it! If you want we can play at my home, I have a big place, but I work during the day, so I could only in the evening, after 6:00pm.
    Finally, I live in Dublin 18, near Sandyford (3 stop of the Luas after it)
    Oh, surprising, I'm a girl XD Well, I pretend to be a girl. God, I think that sounds creepy.

Anyway, let me know if someone is interest in this, I would really like start again : )
    Bye!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jsammons

Icchan92 wrote: »
    Hello guys!
    I'm looking for a d&d party, I played a couple of years before to move in Ireland, and I would like start again.
    I'm not able to mastering but I can be a good player, I would like play with "open mind" people, that means: personal background, personal story and not following the rules strictly.
    I know that my english is still a ****, but please, don't care about it! If you want we can play at my home, I have a big place, but I work during the day, so I could only in the evening, after 6:00pm.
    Finally, I live in Dublin 18, near Sandyford (3 stop of the Luas after it)
    Oh, surprising, I'm a girl XD Well, I pretend to be a girl. God, I think that sounds creepy.

Anyway, let me know if someone is interest in this, I would really like start again : )
    Bye!

Hi there, I used to play D&D 3.5 edition before I moved to Ireland and I'm really looking for a group of people that would like to get a group going.

Have you had any luck finding others for a group? I live in the Kildare area so would you be willing to travel half-way/switch places for nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Icchan92

jsammons wrote: »
    Hi there, I used to play D&D 3.5 edition before I moved to Ireland and I'm really looking for a group of people that would like to get a group going.

Have you had any luck finding others for a group? I live in the Kildare area so would you be willing to travel half-way/switch places for nights?

Hello! I'm sorry but I have not a car at the moment so I cannot travel outside Dublin : ( anyway I'm pretty sure we can find a group of 5-6 people, or at least, I hope so xD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm currently running a 5th Edition campaign in the city centre on Monday evenings.

I haven't played since the 90s before starting this campaign so it's been a big learning experience for me, but a lot of fun.

We're almost finished with the campaign that comes with the Starter Kit and after that we'll be starting on a big campaign that I've been writing myself and you're welcome to join in there if you like. Could be about a month or so before we start that.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm currently running a 5th Edition campaign in the city centre on Monday evenings.

I haven't played since the 90s before starting this campaign so it's been a big learning experience for me, but a lot of fun.

We're almost finished with the campaign that comes with the Starter Kit and after that we'll be starting on a big campaign that I've been writing myself and you're welcome to join in there if you like. Could be about a month or so before we start that.

That's awesome! Can I ask your number/Facebook/contact ? (o゚▽゚)

Just sent you a PM.

I also have a meet up group for board games at meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/

All the players in the D&D campaign are from that group and it's a pretty good place to meet new people.

• Advertisement

Thank you!! (^0^)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 microDiffuse

Hi DinoRex

Do you have room in that upcoming campaign for another player? I've never played before, but have the starter kit and read around the internet for a while now. It's not rocket science after all...

Will have to check with the other players to see how many we can fit. It's currently at 6 but not everyone can make it each week so having a bit of a buffer might be good.

I'd recommend to anyone interest to come along to the boardgame meet ups as there are lot of people on there who want to run D&D and Pathfinder campaigns.

In fact I just spotted a thread on the meet up group here:

http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/messages/boards/thread/48931751

Might be easier for you guys to start in a new group as I reckon everyone is going to be about level 5 when they start on the campaign I'm currently writing so I'm scaling it to that difficulty level.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Will have to check with the other players to see how many we can fit. It's currently at 6 but not everyone can make it each week so having a bit of a buffer might be good.

I'm on the side of the "look for starter level" logic but as a older DnD player I would be very much in favour of the larger group idea.
    In the past so many times it was difficult to progress when 1-2 of the 6 person group was not avail that night. And I felt that the more experienced players can often mentor the new players.

I'm saying this as a guy who 19 years ago was accepted by a group who were in a level 4 campaign......

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

We're running a game in Maynooth every other Saturday that is Character / Fun orientated with less emphasis on rules. Three guys and a girl so far, but more are welcome. The Dublin Bus number 66 runs out as does the train.

If you're interested just drop me a mail. I often work in Donnybrook during the day so a lift out wouldn't be off the cards either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement