Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night out in carlow

Options
  • 12-05-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi.my mate is having his stag in carlow this weekend.i am wondering where all the best ,busiest pubs and clubs are.where do all the women go.we are all different ages 20s and 30s.thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Irishmans: Young friendly bar. Music is very loud so prob not the best place to start

Thatch Bar: Known as "Carlows Clunge Fest" it is certainly true to it's name.

Kavanaghs Ballon: A pretty hoppin nightclub and well worth the trip out if you are coming down for 2 nights.

will update this later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

racso1975 wrote: »
    Irishmans: Young friendly bar. Music is very loud so prob not the best place to start

Kavanaghs Ballon: A pretty hoppin nightclub and well worth the trip out if you are coming down for 2 nights.

will update this later
    Me thinks there be some leg yanking going on in the quoted post ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mnmmurphy1

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Me thinks there be some leg yanking going on in the quoted post ^.
    What ya mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

mnmmurphy wrote: »
    What ya mean?
    They're traditionally 'auld man' pubs.

The main spots to go to would be Tully's, Scraggs, The Terrace (bar in Dinn Rí), the Barracks and the Med bar, they're all within staggering distance. The first 2 are mainly your age group, the others cover all ages. You could also check Teach Dolmain but it might be a bit quiet if there's no music/DJ on and it's a little bit out of the way. You'll probably end up in the Foundry/Tower night club in Dinn Rí, it's the only proper night club in town.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »

The main spots to go to would be Tully's, Scraggs, The Terrace (bar in Dinn Rí), the Barracks and the Med bar, they're all within staggering distance. The first 2 are mainly your age group, the others cover all ages. You could also check Teach Dolmain but it might be a bit quiet if there's no music/DJ on and it's a little bit out of the way. You'll probably end up in the Foundry/Tower night club in Dinn Rí, it's the only proper night club in town.
    Thanks for your help. I actually did not think he was telling the truth. Ha

mnmmurphy wrote: »
    Thanks for your help. I actually did not think he was telling the truth. Ha
    I mean I actually did think he was telling the truth. I must be naive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Tullys, O'Loughlins and Dinn Ri are the usual stag destinations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

slimjimmc wrote:

God I am only 30 and enjoy all them pubs. Does this mean i am old......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

racso1975 wrote: »

will update this later

Sir, you forgot the Fighting Cocks, Castle Tavern and the Nancy Whiskeys nightclub. This is where the real party is at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement