Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City and County Council - another fine job...

• 12-05-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Another 'impressive piece of engineering from Limerick City and County Council costing €0.5m.

Apparently no-one noticed while the wrong sign was being erected. It says N21 instead of N24. Surely someone involved spotted the mistake before the concrete was set? ..... and the footpath leading nowhere and making the junction too narrow for large HGVs. True geniuses, those engineers.

http://utv.ie/News/2015/05/12/Crashes-at-notorious-N24-junction-after-roadworks-37111

Declan-Ryan-van-driver_1205.aspx

"...road signs are now telling drivers they are on the N21 when they are on the N24..."

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mountain out of a molehill. The poles don't have to be removed to change the signs.
    Drivers crashing into traffic islands is down to bad driving and proof that the traffic calming was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Mountain out of a molehill. The poles don't have to be removed to change the signs.
    Drivers crashing into traffic islands is down to bad driving and proof that the traffic calming was needed.

Someone should have their eyes open in the first place to see the signs were wrong.......and if the junction is too narrow for a juggernaut to negotiate without the wheels touching off the edges of the footpath, then something's very amiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think I fancy meeting a large HGV coming towards me on that narrow road irrespective of the footpath at the entrance to it. As for the signs, I still see signs for Rhebogue with an incorrect spelling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

tippman1 wrote: »
    Someone should have their eyes open in the first place to see the signs were wrong.......and if the junction is too narrow for a juggernaut to negotiate without the wheels touching off the edges of the footpath, then something's very amiss.

Also, as it's on the N24 it's under NRA responsibility, so they would have had to sign off on the design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Doubt it would cost anywhere near 0.5 million to fix. 50 euros maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wow off with their heads.

Non story. Small mistake confusing and annoying to those looking at the road number rather than direction.

Rememeber Kings Island? New signage pointed right into town for kilalloe and left out to dorbally for the city centre. Now that was confusing I'd say. How did they fix it? Stickers of course. Lol

Roxborough road? Says to go left for the m7 down the childers road and out the Tipperary road rather than down by the madlron.

The NRA have a bad habit of putting up the wrong coloured signs on motorways. The exit by Ennis was green 2 years after the road was changed to a motorway classification.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Human error - it happens!

Non story. Especially for a national audience!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

anyone any idea why they covered over the merge signs on the ramps on the motorway to Cork Road/Adare (don't know what road number it is). they're covered over about a year or so

Advertisement