Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair product recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Miss_Lauren

If you're looking for a volumizing mousse, I've always found the Toni and Guy one that you get in Boots to be the best. And I have tried pretty much every volumizing mousse that you can get in Boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

if you find elnett "crispy" then you're out of luck i would imagine. it is the lightest hairspray you can get and it can be brushed out! how do you think your hair would be held together without the spray setting? :P are you using too much? you only need a light haze imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks for your replies and recommendations.

@ we'llallhavetea - I honestly don't know what it is, I know obviously the hairspray has to set, and I can cope with some crispiness but the Elnett sets my hair to the point where my hair is "hard". Does that make sense? Its like my hair sets and I can't brush through it and I can't run my fingers through it because the hair is stuck together in clumps almost. Its really odd tbh.

I only use a tiny amount and always, always hold the can at arms length from my hair when spraying it.

I know my hairdresser uses some hair spray that doesn't go half as crispy as the Elnett one, but its around €30 a pop:eek:, no way am I paying that for a hair spray, not a living chance of it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Thanks for your replies and recommendations.

@ we'llallhavetea - I honestly don't know what it is, I know obviously the hairspray has to set, and I can cope with some crispiness but the Elnett sets my hair to the point where my hair is "hard". Does that make sense? Its like my hair sets and I can't brush through it and I can't run my fingers through it because the hair is stuck together in clumps almost. Its really odd tbh.

I only use a tiny amount and always, always hold the can at arms length from my hair when spraying it.

I know my hairdresser uses some hair spray that doesn't go half as crispy as the Elnett one, but its around €30 a pop:eek:, no way am I paying that for a hair spray, not a living chance of it.:o
    do you know the name of the brand? Could be bought cheaper in in a trade store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Holly Tree

I think Treseme (level 4 or 5) is the best hairspray out there. definately doesn't go hard or look hard and keeps the hair in place!:-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement