Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New clinic in Tallaght at Square Apartments

Options
  • 12-05-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Thinking of buying an apartment right beside the Square centre, a friend told me there is a new clinic opening in one of the apartment blocks.

Is there any truth to this? I think there is a new clinic opening in Tallaght but not sure where (can't find anything about it in the news)

I'm afraid that a new clinic might affect the re-sale of the apartment if I decide to sell it on in the future.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

one4one wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thinking of buying an apartment right beside the Square centre, a friend told me there is a new clinic opening in one of the apartment blocks.

Is there any truth to this? I think there is a new clinic opening in Tallaght but not sure where (can't find anything about it in the news)

I'm afraid that a new clinic might affect the re-sale of the apartment if I decide to sell it on in the future.

Thanks

It's opening in October in charter house if I'm correct ,
    It's going to be a gp centre ,phyiso,councillors and a trinity college training centre if anything its a massive benefit to the apartment complexes in the areas

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

Where exactly is charter house?

I would love to buy Dundrum etc but sadly my budget doesn't stretch that far seeing I'm buying alone. This is a first time home but hopefully something that I can easily rent out and/or sell in the future

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah just read an article on it there on the heralds website.

Might rejuvenate the place somewhat , threes currently only Aldi left open of all the stores/bars/restaurants that opened up there.

M&S went, Captain Americas went, the 2 hotels went, the Gym went, Supervalu, Spar, Starbucks went... and of course all the units that never sold in the first place. The place is a Ghost town.

Aldi and the Glashause hotel ,and you have a lot of apartments currently been finished off in the area that will come on line too ,
    Starbucks was loosing money from day one hence why they closed and captain Americas just never took off ,
    It could do with a small bar and maybe some neiche cafes consider just opposite the square now we've several business thriving the blazing grill and Aussie BBQ restaurants and fit 4 less gym doing ok,
    And a major extension due to start in the square

Where exactly is charter house?

I would love to buy Dundrum etc but sadly my budget doesn't stretch that far seeing I'm buying alone. This is a first time home but hopefully something that I can easily rent out and/or sell in the future
    Its just up from the luas between the first and 2nd stops

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭one4one

Gatling wrote: »
    Its just up from the luas between the first and 2nd stops

Deadly thanks. I was just concerned that it was another place were people would go and get their methadone shots

• Advertisement

Deadly thanks. I was just concerned that it was another place were people would go and get their methadone shots

Well they have been moving a lot of patients around in local gp surgeries in anticipation of the new center opening,
    No mention of methadone been dispenced seems to be a lot of investment put into this set up ,
    For a while there was a good few junkies hanging around due to the proximity to the luas but they have a good few private security patrols around the area don't see so many junkies and undesirables around as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Op you might be more concerned about this rather than a clinic ....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/nama-considers-offering-500-apartments-as-social-housing-despite-council-decision-1.1818143

I think I read somewhere that 200 apartments there were to be put in as social housing. There are apartments being fitted out on a large scale with internal fixings and matching furniture in some of the blocks. Depending where your apartment is It would be awful to buy and then find out that the resale value of your property could be lower.

Kelly06 wrote: »
    Op you might be more concerned about this rather than a clinic ....

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/nama-considers-offering-500-apartments-as-social-housing-despite-council-decision-1.1818143

I think I read somewhere that 200 apartments there were to be put in as social housing. There are apartments being fitted out on a large scale with internal fixings and matching furniture in some of the blocks. Depending where your apartment is It would be awful to buy and then find out that the resale value of your property could be lower.

"It is unlikely the council would want to house 500 households from its waiting list in one location given concentration guidelines."

Given that the majority of the apartments in the area are now owned by the* comer brothers I cant see it happening.(if I'm correct )*

And the Dublin county council's have been turning down the majority of nama properties offered to the them

Gatling wrote: »
    "It is unlikely the council would want to house 500 households from its waiting list in one location given concentration guidelines."

Given that the majority of the apartments in the area are now owned by the* comer brothers I cant see it happening.(if I'm correct )*

And the Dublin county council's have been turning down the majority of nama properties offered to the them

Sdcc have turned down the units but voluntary housing bodies are supposedly taking them. There is a lot of fitting out going on. Anyone wishing to buy in this area would really have to look into this. Yes the whole development has been purchased by the comer brothers, but that doesn't mean that after fit out they won't be sold or leased to voluntary housing bodies.

Found another link about the apartments:

http://www.herald.ie/news/west-dublin-apartments-close-to-housing-homeless-families-31038720.html

If I was thinking of buying in the area I would prefer to see how the development pans out. Some of the apartments in that area by Liam Carrol are built to an amazing standard with no expense spared in the internal fit out, common areas tiled with marble ,beautiful bathrooms and internal doors etc. I would be looking at buying in one of those blocks first rather than one where there are few owner occupiers. That's just me!

Sdcc have turned down the units but voluntary housing bodies are supposedly taking them. There is a lot of fitting out going on. Anyone wishing to buy in this area would really have to look into this. Yes the whole development has been purchased by the comer brothers, but that doesn't mean that after fit out they won't be sold or leased to voluntary housing bodies.

Found another link about the apartments:

http://www.herald.ie/news/west-dublin-apartments-close-to-housing-homeless-families-31038720.html

If I was thinking of buying in the area I would prefer to see how the development pans out. Some of the apartments in that area by Liam Carrol are built to an amazing standard with no expense spared in the internal fit out, common areas tiled with marble ,beautiful bathrooms and internal doors etc. I would be looking at buying in one of those blocks first rather than one where there are few owner occupiers. That's just me!

You will find most of the apartment blocks in tallaght have very few owner occupiers anyway most are pure investment properties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

An entire block in my development was fitted out with all appliances, fixtures and fittings - every single one of the units has been rented out via daft by NAMA and their reps. Opening viewings were held over a couple of weeks and the place is thriving with activity from residents from couples to families. A mass fit out does not equate to a takeover by social housing.

Just an update for the op...

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght

Hope the link is working!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres a place in near ikea,
    theres 100,s of apartments,there ,
    1 block at the back is run by a housing charity.
    For people on the housing list,
    it has about 70 apartments in it.
    All units are rented , you are not allowed to buy a unit in that block.
    its well run, with a residents association.
    IT does,nt have any effect on prices of the surrounding blocks .
    i used to visit a friend up there ,once every few weeks .
    Maybe the other shops closed down ,because there s a wide range of shops in the square .
    Thats the problem , when a large apartment block is built,
    the council may say ,
    the lower ground floor must have x no of retail units ,

whether there is enough business to keep those units rented out ,to spar ,m and s etc
    is hard to say ,especially as it takes 3 years to build apartments ,
    and theres probably a shopping centre 1 or2 miles away and some small shops spar etc down the road .

SO some apartments have a large amount of empty retail units which may never be used ,
    unless they are turned into a medical centre or gym or some non retail tenant .
    ie 90 per cent of the units in that area are non social housing .

Just an update for the op...

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght

Hope the link is working!

Meant to post on this earlier and the 65 units the council passed on to 2 groups are only temporary units .
    The SDCC already turned down 500 apartments that could have have easily gone to families already .
    Be very interested to see how temporary these units are

Advertisement