Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid (1) v (2) Juventus, 7.45, UCL SF

• 13-05-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

This opening post wont be anything like Turtwigs 2 previous masterpieces regarding Bayern and Barca. :pac:

Real have a valuable away goal going into tonights game, however, unlike Juventus they didnt have the luxury of resting their 1st team at the weekend gone and are coming in on the back of a 2-2 league draw that could have cost them the title.

Pogba for Juventus got a good 60mins at the weekend so hes in contention to start tonight.

I reckon tonight will end up going to extra time, part of me wants Juventus to go through and avoid a Clasico final and I think Juventus might be able to keep Barca quiet for large parts of the game should they get their but Real v Barca would be more of an even contest, despite that though, it would descend into typical Clasico style play acting and dramatics.

2-1 to Real in 90mins and f**k knows from there is my prediction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

C'mon Juve!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Praying for Juve to qualify so I can watch the final, there's no way I'll watch a Clasico final.

An Italian team with a lead will always be very tough, tonight will be no exception and I'm expecting Juve to qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mon Juve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Real Madrid will steamroll them tonight.

3-0 on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Real Madrid will steamroll them tonight.

3-0 on the night.

Yeah, expect them to be too strong. The period of the game around when Real equalised last week demonstrates what's in store. Real can reach a level Juve simply cannot cope with imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think people expecting Real to turn over Juve are underestimating Juve's defence.

I can see Juve catch them on the break at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think if Juventus want to go through the'll have to score to negate Reals away goal, I cant see the game finishing 0-0.

IMO, the best thing for the game would be Juventus to score first and force Real to push on even more than they plan too, would be a real test for Juventus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Madrid need to score, they will, I don't expect much from Juventus tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have Real to win 3-0 and Ramos to score any time.

I however, have an appalling gambling record, so don't follow my lead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Want a Juvi win simply so we can avoid another El Classico :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ancelotti reckons Benzema is fit to start, he has to in my opinion. His strength and ability to hold on to the ball against a tough Juve defence could be a huge factor in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Pogba to start tonight apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Has he handed in a transfer request to leave Juventus?

PLayed 60 odd mins at the weekend and looked fine.

I'd say hes a banker to start, whether he'll be up to it is another thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

DenMan wrote: »

No idea man, i got the info off the daily mail website but I suppose you can't really trust them as a realiable source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I think people expecting Real to turn over Juve are underestimating Juve's defence.

So how many times have you seen this Juve defense this season? And How many times has it been against decent opposition?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

So how many times have you seen this Juve defense this season? And How many times has it been against decent opposition?

I follow Serie A so I tend to see them on occasion, they are by far the best team in Italy but saying that they have never been tested would be false.

How many times have you seen Real play a mediocre game against 'lesser' opposition this season ?

It could well be that they can up their game today, but so can Juve.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I follow Serie A so I tend to see them on occasion, they are by far the best team in Italy but saying that they have never been tested would be false.

How many times have you seen Real play a mediocre game against 'lesser' opposition this season ?

It could well be that they can up their game today, but so can Juve.

I was asking, as there a many talking about this Juve defense and they don't even watch them.

Juve need to score to night in order to have a hope of going through, I think they'll know not to try play for 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

DenMan wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing that suggests this, bar for a rumour. There have been also rumours of him agreeing terms with all the big clubs. Nonsense.

I think Juve will try to score from the start, that's what Buffon said yesterday too. With Conte I would be wary of them starting on the defensive, but Allegri has shown a bit more of tactical realism. Usually he'd start a home tie more defensively to try and avoid an away goal but against Real he started on the offensive. I'm quite sure the reason for this is what we all know - Ronaldo scoring is an incredible high possibility however you defend so the odds would be against you if you just started defending.

I really can't predict. I would if Real manages to outdo themselves and get magick on their side, they could do 3 - 1. But I can also see Juve taking it 0 - 1 or 0 - 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

People definitely under estimating Juve here.

They definitely have a goal in them and lads like Chiellini and Lichsteiner will defend their goal with their lives.

I think Real will advance but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Juve go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Really want Juve to win as I'd love to see Luis clap in Evra's face when Barca win in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Suarez would be up against Evra & Chiellini. The media would love Juve in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really want Juve to win as I'd love to see Luis clap in Evra's face when Barca win in the final.

And bite his medal in front of chellini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think this is a really hard one to call, Juve are defiantly underestimated by a lot of people and cant see madrid keeping them from scoring. I think its going to come down to can madrid find some form which they have been lacking

Even when its not a Man utd v Pool thread, its still a Man utd v Pool thread.

F**k me. :rolleyes:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Even when its not a Man utd v Pool thread, its still a Man utd v Pool thread.

F**k me. :rolleyes:

Every football thread will at some point turn into Liverpool v United.

It's like Godwin's Law for football.:D

Every football thread will at some point turn into Liverpool v United.

It's like Godwin's Law for football.:D

I long for a day that doesnt happen, although its not ever gonna happen. :o

As a Juve fan those comments mean nothing to me, as Barclays Premier League is obviously some remnant from the 00's without real European relevance anymore :P

Maybe people are underestimating Juve, but I'm not. Rather I'm refusing to underestimate Real. This is still the team that patiently penned Athletico back deeper and deeper when it mattered the most then ground them into the dust once their will was broken. Real are a machine. They will advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First goal is key for me, whoever gets it will ultimately go through imo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Maybe people are underestimating Juve, but I'm not. Rather I'm refusing to underestimate Real. This is still the team that patiently penned Athletico back deeper and deeper when it mattered the most then ground them into the dust once their will was broken. Real are a machine. They will advance.
    I will never believe that any team is a machine. This will be a battle of tactics, followed by the slight edge of Juve passion vs the slight edge of Real skills. But I would agree that even at this point, Real are probably favourites due to the latter.

Most of all I hope the match follows the spirit of the first and schoolyard antics are kept to a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Real are a machine.
    A machine without its central cog. If they play Ramos in midfield again, Juventus are going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A machine that has won 1 league title in 7 years.

Let's just hope that Vidal has another magical moment like this at the Bernabeu again. :pac:

Vidal.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Kroos is doubtful. Modric is missing. That Ancellotti has repeatedly tried Sergio Ramos in the DM role over his 'actual' DMs is telling. Juventus are more or less at full strength. Real had a gruelling game at the weekend, they had the weekend before. Juventus have faced both ties fresh as daisies. Last week they ran 7km more than Real players.

Allegri showed flexibility with AC Milan. He's also shown it with Juventus. I don't actually know how good Juve are but I know they have a brilliant coach. There's probably going to be a lot of stereotypical shyte about Italian defenders. Fact is Juve are playing Madrid at the best possible moment. This is their best chance to win. If Allegri organises them correctly, the players keep disciplined (something I've rarely seen in Italian sides of late) they have every chance. Here's hoping they score first.

El Classico's since Mourinho's departure have been far far better. I wouldn't mind a Real-Barca final. I really want Juventus to be in the final. Allegri is probably the most underrated Coach I've ever seen. For that alone Juve deserve it.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

But seems to be always in the semi finals of the CL. And tonight is a CL game, not a Spanish league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MD1990 wrote: »

La Liga is harder to win than the UCL. Both Madrid coaches said it. :pac:

http://www.football-italia.net/66413/juventus-request-water-breaks
    It’s claimed Juventus have asked UEFA for water breaks during tonight’s Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

The Spanish capital is in the grip of a heatwave ahead of tonight’s semi-final second leg, with temperatures expected to be above 30 degrees at kick-off time.

Spanish newspaper AS reports that the Bianconeri have therefore petitioned UEFA to be allowed water breaks, which the governing body is considering

The breaks will reportedly only be allowed if the temperature is at least 32 degrees 90 minutes before the match starts, in which case UEFA will meet an hour before kick-off to make a decision.

If cooling breaks are to be used, they will be in the 30th and 75th minute of the match, AS claims.

The newspaper also believes that the Bianconeri have requested that the Bernabeu pitch be watered prior to the game getting underway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

rob316 wrote: »
    And bite his medal in front of chellini.

Other way around! payback... Although chiellini is also a miserable sort! A "Bite-Off" could ensue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

HalaMadrid!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Juventus need to win tonight for the sake of the final. Can't see it happening but Christ what a dreary prospect another classicofinal is.

Juventus need to win tonight for the sake of the final. Can't see it happening but Christ what a dreary prospect another classicofinal is.

I can't even remember the last time there was a El Classico CL Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Real have missed Benzema big time , if he's fit I reckon they'll win . looking forward to this , should be a nice contrast in styles .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My heart wants Juve to go through but my head says that Real will be far too strong at home for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Madrid have named their team. https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/598538997716152322

Pepe dropped. Benzema starts.

Juve are as expected. Buffon; Lichsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal; Morata, Tévez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i just remembered its the 30th anniversary of the Heysel disaster, it'll be great to see juve get there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Better balance to that Real side, Ramos back in defence and Benzema up front. I think they'll progress, just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

When was there a Classico final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

shrewdness wrote: »
    Better balance to that Real side, Ramos back in defence and Benzema up front. I think they'll progress, just.

2 attacking full backs, a defender who loves to jog forward, 4 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers is hardly a balanced side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

klose wrote: »
    2 attacking full backs, a defender who loves to jog forward, 4 attacking midfielders and 2 strikers is hardly a balanced side.

Well it's a more balanced side than Ramos in midfield and Benzema is an upgrade on Hernandez.

• Advertisement
Advertisement