Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid (1) v (2) Juventus, 7.45, UCL SF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Dunphy will slate Ronaldo. Watch.

Ooooo incorrect.
    Can you feel the love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Klopp to Madrid unless Liverpool nab him first

Your obsession is amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Juventus had the 2 best chances tonight too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's shocking that Bale didn't have the better of 34 year old Evra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Fudge You wrote: »
    Ooooo incorrect.
    Can you feel the love?

I'm shocked tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Bale for City?

wouldn't surprise me maybe Utd will come in for him, but he's on some wages but I think he needs to get out of Real (away from the fans) before they ruin the poor lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Marca is not trustworthy.

Dunphy lost his mic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dunphy and his mic....jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Is Dunphy really using Marca as an actual source of information?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Juve were quite mediocre in Europe during his reign with virtually the same team.

1 year and Allegri has got them to the champions league final.

To me Juve always seem overly structured and stiff under Conte.

Allegri has made them defensively more solid so i'd day they're more structured now tbh. They still play like Conte's team tbh.

The big difference is the coming of Pogba and the inclusion of Evra, Morata and Llorente. Conte had to rely on the likes of Giovinco, Matri and Di Ceglie.

Big disservice to Conte to say his reputation took a hit. He largely built this team and the passing style they play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Dunphy and his mic....jaysus.

To be fair to the lads, love em or hate em, they definitely get more passionate about the game than most of the rest.

Your obsession is amusing.

In a Madrid/Juventus match thread too. Couldn't make it up.

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Im just surprised Eammo uses sources :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There was no real leader out there for Madrid tonight. They didn't look like a team working together once Juve scored and when things went against them, didn't look like having any answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Would Man City be able to finance a move for Bale? It seems United could fund it but would FFP restrict City (unless they disposed of 2/3/4 players).

Im just surprised Eammo uses sources :D

Gut feel is more his style.

Love the RTE lads, beats the other boring ****ers on Itv/Slysports

In fairness, Dunphy's right about the lack of team spirit at Madrid.

besty wrote: »
    Would Man City be able to finance a move for Bale? It seems United could fund it but would FFP restrict City (unless they disposed of 2/3/4 players).

If they get rid of wastes of space like Nasri and YaYa then they should be ok to make a move for Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Very enjoyable watch. Either team would have been worthy winners, but I'm glad Juve went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »

It's great to watch but they are just making **** up.

Bale at least never hid in the second half. He kept trying, kept getting in there and kept creating chances. Ronaldo, Kroos and James where nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I haven't watched Italian football in years, and it's been great to see a strong Juve team emerge in Europe this season. I don't know much about them and it would be super if RTE would talk about and show what makes this Juve team strong and how they've managed to kick on from previous years. This gossiping about poxy body language of Real Madrid players is irritating.

Yay I think they are starting to talk about Juve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Looper007 wrote: »
    I still think the Madrid fans still boo him, they just don't like him for some reason.
    Madrid fans have to be some of the worst fans going. If they're not winning at half time, they boo their team. The treatment for certain players is a disgrace. Bale has probably disappointed this year, but I don't think he has been anywhere near so bad as to be booed.

niallo27 wrote: »

They tend to do that alright :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

niallo27 wrote: »

That's part of the appeal I think.. the same conversation, hearsay and "sources" will be used all over workplaces tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He was roundly rejected by the Juve fans when he took over, and at the start of the season every single bad result was used as a stick to beat him with. "He's not good enough for Milan, he's not good enough for Juve!" etc, but he's clearly a very astute manager.

Won Serie A in his first year with Milan and now a league in the bag and a CL final in his first year with Juve.

I reckon there's some very embarrassed Juve faithful at the end of this season.
    Not a hope, any Juve fan who slated him is absolutely delighted. Most changed their mind about him a long time ago
    Has to be the end for Ancelotti now.

I don't agree at all but it's the way that idiot club works.
    You need to win the double every year to keep your job there!

rarnes1 wrote: »

Redknapp is entertaining tho. Such knowledge, he always informs the viewers about the game of the Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Suarez V Evra and Chiellini in the final :pac:

Bale at least never hid in the second half. He kept trying, kept getting in there and kept creating chances. Ronaldo, Kroos and James where nowhere to be found.

He took the easy option a lot of the time. The great players always believe in their ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Ronaldo didn't take enough responsibility in the crucial stages of the end-game. He is a very diminished footballer in the broader sense since his injuries. He has pared down his game to getting on the scoresheet by hook or by crook, rather than being a dominant force as he could once have been ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

corny wrote: »
    Allegri has made them defensively more solid so i'd day they're more structured now tbh. They still play like Conte's team tbh.

The big difference is the coming of Pogba and the inclusion of Evra, Morata and Llorente. Conte had to rely on the likes of Giovinco, Matri and Di Ceglie.

Big disservice to Conte to say his reputation took a hit. He largely built this team and the passing style they play.

Maybe I'm being harsh on him but they always seemed to play below themselves in europe before this year.

Redknapp is entertaining tho. Such knowledge, he always informs the viewers about the game of the Soccer.

Lovely tight trousers too.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That's part of the appeal I think.. the same conversation, hearsay and "sources" will be used all over workplaces tomorrow :)

He just said Kroos had a go at bale for a pass to show the crowd whose fault it was. Kroos obviously was pissed off with his own effort.

I agree 100%, why is he getting blamed more so, over the other 10/11 players???
    Its getting annoying at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

luckyboy wrote: »
    Ronaldo didn't take enough responsibility in the crucial stages of the end-game. He is a very diminished footballer in the broader sense since his injuries. He has pared down his game to getting on the scoresheet by hook or by crook, rather than being a dominant force as he could once have been ...
    You'd expect more from Ronaldo unquestionably, but he was being double marked at all times, which created space for Bale, space to be sh*t in, Isco awful also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Richie must be reading your posts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not one word about how good an achievement this is for Juve yet.

Good God.

I love it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Eamos looks like he hasnt slept awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I agree 100%, why is he getting blamed more so, over the other 10/11 players???
    Its getting annoying at this stage.

Him and Isco were the 2 worst players on the pitch IMO. Bale's contribution has been nothing short of disgraceful this season. His image here is actually being saved a little bit by what we know about Real and their fans in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

It's like the soccer forum in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

FFP is no longer an issue for City. There's at least 150million available on top of what sales bring in. Some huge new sponsorships coming up as well. Only a matter of time before it's challenged in the courts anyway. it has failed miserably in what is was meant to do ie( to stop portsmouth, leeds situations arising) and It makes it very difficult for any new teams to join the party (nigh on impossible) which is unfair to the likes of Everton,Villa,Newcastle etc.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Eamos looks like he hasnt slept awhile

He's a nothing sleeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

collie0708 wrote: »
    Delighted for Juve, I would love to see Buffon get to lift the trophy

So would I a great and a class act at the Euros in 2012 got my respect when he stuck around clapped and acknowledged the Irish support who had outnumbered the Italians on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well I got that wrong eh?!! Juve defended brilliantly once they got their goal and deserved to go through. Fully behind them in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Maybe I'm being harsh on him but they always seemed to play below themselves in europe before this year.

Neither of us can prove of it of course but i'd put that down to a learning curve and just a stronger squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

CSF wrote: »
    Him and Isco were the 2 worst players on the pitch IMO. Bale's contribution has been nothing short of disgraceful this season. His image here is actually being saved a little bit by what we know about Real and their fans in the past.

That's not wholly fair on Bale. Ronaldo hasn't helped him with all the gestures and the implication that Bale should have played him in in those games mid-season. Remember at the end of last season, Bale was by far the more decisive player in the various finals and Ronaldo was reduced to knocking in penalties and stripping off (basically embarrassing himself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watching the highlights of Bale on RTE. Your heart has to go out to him. He looks shattered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hahaha. Dunphy writing for marca :)

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Do you honestly think Bale played worse than Ronaldo tonight?

Bale is getting hammered because of the attention his gets from all angles, fans, media, teammates. The price tag was too much for anyone. And he is paying the price for it, hanging over his head.
    The goals in the champions league final n copa del rey final, bumped him up people's opinions last season. He has been good this year. Was anyone saying your comments when Madrid were winning 24ish games in a row? NO is the answer.

But now he is "disgraceful".
    Are you on the wind up or something??

Advertisement