Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiot on the road to Skerries

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

If you by any chance, were the eejit behind me on the road into Skerries this morning at Milverton at 8.55am, or if you come across this guy around Skerries, Perhaps you might suggest to him that he cops on to himself.

First he obviously wanted a close look at the sticker in my rear window, so he drove to within a couple of inches of my bumper, to get a clear look.

He decided that was a great place to stay, despite me slowing down, and putting on my lights, so the rear lights in his face, might make him think a little clearer.

Just before the quarry he decides it's a good time to overtake, so on a continuous white line, he pulls out, into the path of an oncoming car, who flashed his lights, and no doubt got a fright.

Our hero, makes it back in, in time, just about and proceeds on his merry way.
    He was such a good driver, I expected to see him parked sideways under the Tunnel, but he made it into Skerries.

One final tip, when he did brake at one point, his rear brake lights, need a new bulb, so he obviously takes as much care of his car, as he knows how to drive.

Watch out Skerries, the village idiot, is in residence.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Unfortunately there are plenty like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Idiots come in threes. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Car type?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What car type? colour?

I live in Rush and can keep an eye out for him

(I also have front & rear facing dash cam's so when I see idiots like this, I can upload and share with the Gardaí if needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boarda

Some crazy people out there! There is a regular that leaves someone off @ the Ballast Pit for train and then proceeds to drive like a lunatic making dangerous manoeuvres, overtaking etc.. all the way to Lusk. Leaves Skerries at around 7am be careful out there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Could it be the same moron (in a sliver bmw) who , a few weeks back, decicded to overtake a group of cyclists on the coast road just before Barnageera without checking if any traffic was oncoming.
    How he didnt hit the oncoming car or smash into us (the cyclists) I am yet to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

bcmf wrote: »
    Could it be the same moron (in a sliver bmw) who , a few weeks back, decicded to overtake a group of cyclists on the coast road just before Barnageera without checking if any traffic was oncoming.
    How he didnt hit the oncoming car or smash into us (the cyclists) I am yet to figure out.

When I read the thread title I was thinking of this guy.

bcmf wrote: »
    Could it be the same moron (in a sliver bmw)

What type BMW/year?

(as I drive a silver BMW) :(:(:(:(:(

Although it is most definitely not me, as I don't drive like a berk.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

What type BMW/year?

(as I drive a silver BMW) :(:(:(:(:(

Although it is most definitely not me, as I don't drive like a berk.

99, 318

I'll keep an eye out for him, and if I see him I can post video of him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Another beauty on the R132 today at 11.15am

Approaching Murtagh's travelling North.
    I pulled out a bit to pass a cyclist, and 4 lads in a silver Micra, overtake me at speed, over the white line.
    Directly into the path of an oncoming car, who had to take to his hard shoulder.

Then at Murtagh's they remember it's a right turn they need, so they take that turn at a fair lick, and on up the hill.

What's the visiting hours at the Prison, reckon these lads were running a bit late for a visit.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just coming out of Pavilions in Swords there, came to the roundabout and there was a queue of traffic on the roundabout going in, one guy who was taking the exit to his right decides he doesn't want to wait and just drives the wrong way around it. Some absolute bellends out there.

Advertisement