Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm after E/E

Options
  • 13-05-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Ps mods these are different queries not sure is it ok to start different threads !?move if not thanks.

I think I recall that you can set an exit entry point that will change to alarm after you leave the house. Eg. Exit door is EE so as you leave countdown starts but when door locked and you have left ...if house broken into via the exit door that zone will change to "alarm " and will activate immediately rather than starting the countdown then activating (maybe 20 secs after break in !) is that right !? If so how do you set that up ... My problem is the squak is disabled I have no way of knowing if alarm has set or not ....at least if I heard countdown as I was leaving I would know when using fobs thanks paddy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ps mods these are different queries not sure is it ok to start different threads !?move if not thanks.

I think I recall that you can set an exit entry point that will change to alarm after you leave the house. Eg. Exit door is EE so as you leave countdown starts but when door locked and you have left ...if house broken into via the exit door that zone will change to "alarm " and will activate immediately rather than starting the countdown then activating (maybe 20 secs after break in !) is that right !? If so how do you set that up ... My problem is the squak is disabled I have no way of knowing if alarm has set or not ....at least if I heard countdown as I was leaving I would know when using fobs thanks paddy.

I think you are looking for access to E/E.
    Access zone become entry/exit zones once part set.

E/E to alarm set.
    When you part set your alarm the zones set up as entry/exit become alarm zones?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Am I reading this the same as the other thread?
    If so the external zone via key switch or keypad is the only option. Otherwise how is the alarm to know if its you coming in the back door or a burglar?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

KoolKid wrote: »
    Am I reading this the same as the other thread?
    If so the external zone via key switch or keypad is the only option. Otherwise how is the alarm to know if its you coming in the back door or a burglar?:confused:

Quite true ! I'm all done and dusted now all well ta .....!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No Problem.
    I have to say you are being very creative with that system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

KoolKid wrote: »
    No Problem.
    I have to say you are being very creative with that system.

Thks! Just in the bed! Not feeling the best I'm thinking I might get a third fob to have beside me here - for panic or to turn off alarm from here as the other 2 are on our keys! No problem with 3 fobs is there on the 1070!? Cheers paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thks! Just in the bed! Not feeling the best I'm thinking I might get a third fob to have beside me here - for panic or to turn off alarm from here as the other 2 are on our keys! No problem with 3 fobs is there on the 1070!? Cheers paddy

Depending on the control panel location you could add a wired keypad or else a wire free keypad that will give audio of alarm zone activation's. Keyfob are good for setting but with the keypad you have both audio and display.

Advertisement