Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6/7 foot flowery trees small garden !

Options
  • 13-05-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have small back garden have patio area in one corner and two areas of lawn divided with footpath I wondered about getting one tree for each lawn area. It looks nice now from kitchen window have rambling roses climbers going over shed it would be nice to have two slim ish trees that would grow vertical keep slim is with nice flowers. Colors .. Like them to be manageable and few feet talk anyway ! Asking a lot I know any ideas appreciated paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Hi Paddy,

It's a very small area to put two trees in, even that cherry you have by the shed is going to grow pretty tall.

Most trees that stay the size you want would be weeping or quite bushey on top and be too wide in that space I think. Others that stay small are very slow growing so would take a while to grow.

If you have your heart set on something then perhaps a standard that can be pruned hard each year like a rose MIGHT suit, but I'd be wary...

If you want height and colour how about an arch with something climbing over it? Or a couple of wire or wicker obelisks with sweet pea or even clematis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

lk67 wrote: »
    Hi Paddy,

It's a very small area to put two trees in, even that cherry you have by the shed is going to grow pretty tall.

Most trees that stay the size you want would be weeping or quite bushey on top and be too wide in that space I think. Others that stay small are very slow growing so would take a while to grow.

If you have your heart set on something then perhaps a standard that can be pruned hard each year like a rose MIGHT suit, but I'd be wary...

If you want height and colour how about an arch with something climbing over it? Or a couple of wire or wicker obelisks with sweet pea or even clematis?

Thks your spot on. It probably is too small ok.that cherry tree was out the front didn't want to dump it just stuck it there ... Actually those flowers I love and that us what put me in mind to write post. The arch is good idea ... Might get not an arch but something similar and plant as you advise ... I think arch might look a little out of place ... But appreciate the idea thanks a mill paddy

Advertisement