Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best electric bass for €250

Options
  • 13-05-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm not sure where to put this post but anyway, I was recently looking around on music maker and thomann for a new electric bass, I don't know what to pick though, I have a budget of 250 quid and I want something that can play anything (so no flea/jazz basses) I'm torn between a Fender P bass, the Cort Action DLX CRS, and one or two others which I can't think of off the top of my head, suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

My advice would be to try out as many basses as you can. Opinions vary and one person's dream bass might be another's piece of crap.

Having said that, you cant really go far wrong with a Fender Squire.

Lots of choices if you want to go the "used" route. Probably get a good price too.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/music-instruments-equipment/guitar-bass/basses/electric-basses/474/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

DylanC431 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure where to put this post but anyway, I was recently looking around on music maker and thomann for a new electric bass, I don't know what to pick though, I have a budget of 250 quid and I want something that can play anything (so no flea/jazz basses) I'm torn between a Fender P bass, the Cort Action DLX CRS, and one or two others which I can't think of off the top of my head, suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

That'd be up to you and not the bass in fairness.

I'd say just get the Squier P bass, can't really go wrong with that. Or if you up your budget very slightly, a Musicman/Sterling SUB Ray 4. Beautiful bass for the money.

Advertisement