Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"irish TV" player on xbmc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

not sure if this is the right form to post on but youtube-dl

Its not ....... this thread is for one specific plugin as the heading says. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

For advance settings I use ares wizard to set them up, no messing with trying to put the file in yourself in android.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/
    • Programmes
    • Ares Wizard
    • Tweaks
    • Advanced settings wizard
    • Next
    • Generate settings
    • Apply these settings
    • Close and reopen kodi
    IF it doesn’t help, I find in general on kodi I just put it on SD if you want to press play and watch without hassle (if you don’t have say 2gb ram or a good spec box). Lower it in settings in this addon to maybe 1024 and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

@zakalibit

Loving the add-on. Great work. Just a question around buffering. Seems to happen quite a bit about 10 mins in to a catchup show. Is there a way to avoid this? I have reduced the quality to 512kbps but still happens. Does the cache need clearing or something like that?

No issues with broadband. Its hardwired into 100mbps.

Using an android Fire TV.

Thanks. Any advice very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

To be honest it can be anything but the actual plugin, with the exception of the live streams.
    Try the plugin on a different device, i.e. laptop see if it is the same, if it is that would point to either your network, or your provider and rte stream sources link.
    As well how is the actual rte web player works for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

anyone any issues with rte player HQ in kodi , watching rte2 for the irl v belguim game?
    From memory it started at the start of the game, before kick off, and I think once or twice more after that. When It was working it was fine with no buffering.

As I am going through a dns not provided by my isp, its 1 of four things as far as I know, my laptop, my isp, my dns provider, or the rte stream. Each time the playback stopped it did not even go to buffering, and slowly catch up. It was just dead. I did try conect to the internet with chrome. But this did not seem to work, a combination of not being able to open chrome and not being able to connect to the net.

Result being I had to restart my laptop. Each time I restarted. I opened up kodi and launched the game again on rte2 no problems.

Based on this I think it is my PC, but I thought I'd post here to get some ideas, as I would like to understand better.

Some questions re trying to investigate this:
    Can I check the logs in kodi to give me some indication of what went wrong?
    The same question for any other logs that I might be able to check?
    Once you set up a video stream is the dns queried after the initial set up of the stream, and ongoing during the stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I've been watching most of the games on RTE and haven't had any issues buffering.

Hats off actually for the add-on as it's made these euros nice to watch in 720 quality.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

New to kodi I have a tv box so I can't download any links posted here but how do I get the Irish TV working I have added the Irish TV addon but just keep getting "error check log" for all the channels except 3e so does anybody know what plug in like fusion or whatever I can install to get these channels working?

stevie1122 wrote: »
    New to kodi I have a tv box so I can't download any links posted here but how do I get the Irish TV working I have added the Irish TV addon but just keep getting "error check log" for all the channels except 3e so does anybody know what plug in like fusion or whatever I can install to get these channels working?

think thats a different addon, with rte, tv3 and tg4. I never had any joy with that. did you get tv3 working? if so can you provide details version and where to get the zip?

try this http_zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq/ add on it should work for rte channels

Got an email from RTE about "unauthorised version of RTE Player on GitHub", for now I removed it from github.

• Advertisement

There are the T&C http://www.rte.ie/about/en/serving-our-audience/2012/0815/333706-terms-and-conditions-for-rte-ie/

I do not see which of them plugin infringes?

I wonder if it is
    8. You acknowledge that RTÉ.ie and its content including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying RTÉ, RTÉ.ie or third parties and/or their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned by RTÉ and/or third parties. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right, database right, copyright or any other intellectual property right of RTÉ and/or any other third party without the prior written consent of RTÉ or the third party.
    I have no idea how well protected from use are such things as Logos, names, and such are, but that was the only part that I though MIGHT have some relevance.

Does having the RTÉ name and some logo appear on the users machine have some bearing?
    I don't see how myself as the plugin is named Irish TV and not RTÉ player, but I am not a legal eagle.

it is actually
    You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit, merge, edit, adapt, resell, re-use, produce summaries or otherwise use RTÉ.ie and/or its content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial, non- business use. Any other use of RTÉ.ie or its content requires the prior written permission of RTÉ.

You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit, merge, edit, adapt, resell, re-use, produce summaries or otherwise use RTÉ.ie and/or its content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial, non- business use. Any other use of RTÉ.ie or its content requires the prior written permission of RTÉ.

I believe this is relevant ...... as it is the user of the plugin that displays any RTÉ name/logo etc., and thus it would be for personal use.

But it is not my head in the noose :D

@zakalibit
    Fair enough. I wonder did this forum bring it to their attention? But maybe you should parnter with them or somehow find a way to kee up your good work. Because I surely appreciate your work and I think your addon is better than the rte player website or any of there apps, but that's just my opinion.

I might not have enough info in this area and I am not sure about the commercial aggreements but bbc and itv have oddons for kodi, not sure if there official, but I think RTE need to embrace this change. Its just another way of getting their content, it's like going out and buying a telly(I know tahts a bad analogy).

But they seem to be doing work on their distribution:
    RTE overhauls its distribution plan to meet changing media patterns
    http_www_independent_ie_business_rte-overhauls-its-distribution-plan-to-meet-changing-media-patterns-34792097_html
    GAAGO Launches on the Roku streaming platform
    https_www_rte_ie_about_en_press-office_press-releases_2016_0602_792869-gaago-launches-on-the-roku-streaming-platform_

why can't I post links? do I need more points?

@HattrickNZ I do not see any reasons why I'd waste my time doing it :)
    As you can imagine this needs a lot of dedicated time and effort, that has nothing to do with the technical aspect of the subject, everything I did so far was interesting and challenging from engineering point of view.
    I'm an engineer I like to solve technical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

HattrickNZ wrote: »
    why can't I post links? do I need more points?

yup its a special club that you can access after 50 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,055 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've installed this plugin on a Raspberry Pi running Libreelec, and my laptop running openSUSE and it generally works great (had some issues on Wednesday night post-match but that was probably excessive traffic on the site) and way better than trying to access RTE player via the website :)

The only problem is that I don't have the Live channels on the laptop, when I click on the Live option it just shows an empty menu. The Kodi version is 16.1. Any ideas?

389895.png

389896.png

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

@Hotblack Desiato

think you need this. you need to point your addon at it. see some posts back by me which might have more details, and this is for windows(from memory) so not sure what the equivalent is for linux.

https_ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Is it possible to get a pm with the zip please.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

HattrickNZ wrote: »
    stevie1122 wrote: »

think thats a different addon, with rte, tv3 and tg4. I never had any joy with that. did you get tv3 working? if so can you provide details version and where to get the zip?

try this http_zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq/ add on it should work for rte channels
    Thanks for the link I will try to check back and see what the one I used to install the Irish TV because I installed a lot over the last few weeks and the Irish TV just happened to come up on one by accident. The picture quality I have for 3e isn't great and it does cut out a lot but I will try to find it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Del007

Would someone be able to send me on the zip file?

Cheers lads

Del007 wrote: »
    Can these be used on vlc player or an iptv app?

Cheers

Yes they could at the time (VLC).
    Not any more it seems.

They appear to have changed in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Del007 wrote: »
    Would someone be able to send me on the zip file?

Cheers lads

i need it aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

I would also appreaciate the zip file if anyone has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Anyone able to hook me up with it too?

Seems to be gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Oh poop, Virgin Media box was off so will have to watch the Sunday Game on the aul phone lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement