Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"irish TV" player on xbmc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Auds22002 wrote: »
    thanks ,got a free sat card so have english free to air but ireland needs saorveiw and aerial was trying to avoid the expense after paying out or this box, aw well ,up to the mother in laws for the matches unless anyone know an add on that will allow to watch rugby world cup,thanks again

The Zeus Addon, VDUBT25 addon and possibly UK Turk live streams should allow you to watch TV3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi,

I recently bought an MX XBMC android box. I'm new to this technology. I've learned how to use Netflix on it, but that's about it. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to view Irish and English terrestial TV channels on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Auds22002

i havent had much success with live streaming,was the modbro app on your box,its the best ,also i added andys build to my box,its a custom build ,he has a few on his website but i find andys build the best and he has everything preloaded with good graphics,movie channels ,sport ,music tv etc,very easy to add here is a video link to do it,its on kodimaster .com boards wont let me add link , youtube andys build 5.1 you'll get it there too

good luck,lots of good tips on that website too

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

Just installed the most recent version from the xunity repo (author: mikey1234, I think) on OpenELEC.

Nearly everything works in the catchup section (RTE & TG4 but not TV3) and in the live section, RTE 2, TV3 (4:3 though) and TG4 work but not RTE One.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

what link have you used? should use the first one

zakalibit wrote: »
    what link have you used? should use the first one

yes, used the first one. Will try on another (also windows) box and report back

it might be that you might need to use the second link, can you see what is reported in the log file?

it might be that you might need to use the second link, can you see what is reported in the log file?

same error with 2nd link

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
    Error Contents: No module named fcntl
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\core-i3\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.rteplayer.hq\default.py", line 20, in <module>
    from rteplayer import RTEPlayer
    File "build/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/rteplayer.py", line 22, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named fcntl
    -->End of Python script error report<--

• Advertisement

Super - working now!

The "shows categories" section throws an error, but everything else looks to be working fine.

yep - all sections working flawlessly now - fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Still gives errors on android. Where do I find the log file to get you the error. 15.2. On marshmallow.

tried it on my phone, it looks like kodi is still compiled with python 2.6, so use this file
    https://github.com/zakalibit/kodi.rteplayer.hd/raw/master/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-1.0.5-6.zip

log files should be in:
    /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi zakalibit.

Is this open-source?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Hi Worztron

source are not published yet, I'd like to bring it to a fully featured working state first, then we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

tried it on my phone, it looks like kodi is still compiled with python 2.6, so use this file
    https://github.com/zakalibit/kodi.rteplayer.hd/raw/master/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-1.0.5-6.zip

log files should be in:
    /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/

404 from that link! :(

• Advertisement

so it works on my mobile android 5.0.2 + kodi 15.2, and linux with kodi 15.2

as well I'm planning to add search option and live stream, anything else missing in the plugin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Add-on now launches.
    But when going into shows A to Z and then selecting a show just plays the current eiposde instead of seelcting an episode when there are multiple to play, eastenders being one example.
    Also father ted doesn't play at all, gives an error of which I can upload later on.

so it works on my mobile android 5.0.2 + kodi 15.2, and linux with kodi 15.2

as well I'm planning to add search option and live stream, anything else missing in the plugin?

Testing presently on Linux + Kodi 15.2

So far working well .... streams are a little lower quality than I would like but of course that is not your concern I guess :)
    Deadly Pole to Pole is not the same in 480 as in 1080 :D

Thank you ..... look forward to live streams being included ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi Worztron

source are not published yet, I'd like to bring it to a fully featured working state first, then we'll see

Cheers zakalibit, hopefully it gets up and running and open-sourced. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Testing presently on Linux + Kodi 15.2

So far working well .... streams are a little lower quality than I would like but of course that is not your concern I guess :)
    Deadly Pole to Pole is not the same in 480 as in 1080 :D

Thank you ..... look forward to live streams being included ;)

actually it streams the HLS streams, not the rtmp as other plugins, there is 3 streams and it picks the highest quality 1024bps one, I could not find any better quality streams, this is what smart tv plugin is using, unless you can tell me that there is a plugin that streams with a better quality, then I can take a look and do some reverse engineering on it.

Ste- wrote: »
    Add-on now launches.
    But when going into shows A to Z and then selecting a show just plays the current eiposde instead of seelcting an episode when there are multiple to play, eastenders being one example.
    Also father ted doesn't play at all, gives an error of which I can upload later on.

I'll have a look, in to this

actually it streams the HLS streams, not the rtmp as other plugins, there is 3 streams and it picks the highest quality 1024bps one, I could not find any better quality streams, this is what smart tv plugin is using, unless you can tell me that there is a plugin that streams with a better quality, then I can take a look and do some reverse engineering on it.

No I cannot provide any info unfortunately as I do not generally use RTÉ streams.

If it is picking the best available then I guess there is nothing to be done. ;)

Ste- wrote: »
    Add-on now launches.

Ok, I checked rte player on the smart tv, there is no such behavior, as you described, i.e. play all the episodes in one go, as well the episodes are kept maximum for one month.
    You can get a list of all available episodes for the current one, then you have to play each one explicitly, I can try and see if there is any numbering, then somehow play them in order, but then I can anticipate the next request, like remember where I stopped and resume from that point, this will just increase the complexity and not sure how reliable it will be, just too many moving parts.
    Any way I'll try for the moment and bring it to smatrt tv level, even at this point is doing better then mart tv, as you do not get such a big list in all categories on the smart tv plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Using it on a windows 10 PC. Picture keeps speeding up and sound is skipping.
    It looks quite impressive though.

• Advertisement

pjproby wrote: »
    Using it on a windows 10 PC. Picture keeps speeding up and sound is skipping.
    It looks quite impressive though.

Unfortunately that is not under plugin's control, plugin is mainly responsible for the presentation layer and starting the streams, stream playback happens inside kodi, you could try play with video settings in kodi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement