Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"irish TV" player on xbmc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Did a manual update this am as it had not updated automatically.

Now/Next showing for RTÉ1 but not for RTÉ2 ....... maybe because RTÉ2 is hsowing RTÉ jr st this time?

Thanks for the update ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

understand, but that is what I get from the original source :)
    I'll try find something more reliable, but for now is better then nothing.

BTW if there is windows users interested in getting live streaming working, you could help me with some experimentation and testing on windows, as I do not have a windows machine and I feel like I'm left handed when using windows at this stage :)

zakalibit wrote: »
    understand, but that is what I get from the original source :)
    I'll try find something more reliable, but for now is better then nothing.

Sorry I was not clear ..... the Now is showing but not the Next for RTÉ jr

All is good I believe.
    BTW if there is windows users interested in getting live streaming working, you could help me with some experimentation and testing on windows, as I do not have a windows machine and I feel like I'm left handed when using windows at this stage :)

Sorry I cannot help with that.
    Linux only household here.
    If you get really stuck I could maybe try a dual boot on one of the machines as a temporary thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I can help you out there. Have a Win7 PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hi zakalibit, noticed a while ago you said it won't work on android. Is there any plans to change that?

• Advertisement

if you can install ffmpeg executable on android, I see no reasons why it would not work, is the same linux.
    So to make it work on android out of the box, plugin needs to provide android executable, it is doable, just need to find some time to do it.

Mickalus wrote: »
    I can help you out there. Have a Win7 PC.

will send you a pm

RTÉ Player HQ updated to V2.1.2
    - fixed live stream blank titles when epg is not available

Only want to report the following in case it might be of interest.

I have just watched last night's episode of Christ Moore's Journey.
    WHen it is selected I get an error popup in Kodi telling me to see the log file, but the episode goes on to play without problems.
    This happened on the few catch up episodes I tried.

Here is an entry from the log file ..... but i have no idea if it is of any interest
    11:48:44 T:140269620836096 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/?path=rteplayer&showid=10558251&icon=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.rasset.ie%2F000c0e61-827.jpg&title=%5BCOLOR+blue%5DRT%C3%89+One%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%2FChristy+Moore%3A+Journey

As this is a fresh install of Kodi, maybe I am missing some other plugin or such that it is looking for .....

In any case all "Latest Episodes" I tried played properly.

Only want to report the following in case it might be of interest.

I have just watched last night's episode of Christ Moore's Journey.
    WHen it is selected I get an error popup in Kodi telling me to see the log file, but the episode goes on to play without problems.
    This happened on the few catch up episodes I tried.

Here is an entry from the log file ..... but i have no idea if it is of any interest
    11:48:44 T:140269620836096 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/?path=rteplayer&showid=10558251&icon=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.rasset.ie%2F000c0e61-827.jpg&title=%5BCOLOR+blue%5DRT%C3%89+One%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%2FChristy+Moore%3A+Journey

As this is a fresh install of Kodi, maybe I am missing some other plugin or such that it is looking for .....

In any case all "Latest Episodes" I tried played properly.

That warning is ok, the error should be related to something else, check for an ERROR message, probably log file is rotated by now

• Advertisement

RTÉ Player HQ Error

is the pop up, but as I said it does not hinder playing in any way.

It pops up when an episode is selected, while the stream is located and presumably buffered.

so you get it every time you try to play an episode?

what is you kodi version and os?

so you get it every time you try to play an episode?

what is you kodi version and os?

Yes. The error shows after a short delay, immediately before the rotating icon indicating the stream being accessed.

OS is PCLinuxOS 2016 kernel 4.4.6

Kodi version 16

Yes. The error shows after a short delay, immediately before the rotating icon indicating the stream being accessed.

OS is PCLinuxOS 2016 kernel 4.4.6

Kodi version 16

RTÉ Player HQ updated to V2.1.3
    - fixed a typo

that error should be gone now

RTÉ Player HQ updated to V2.1.3
    - fixed a typo

that error should be gone now

Thank you.

Error no longer pops up.

I manually installed 2.1.3 as it did not update immediately.

did you try settings->addons->check for updates?

did you try settings->addons->check for updates?

I had tried from the config page of the plugin and 2.1.2 was all that was offered, so I uninstalled that and installed manually.

I probably should have tried the other method, but I was more anxious to try the new one rather than various methods of updating, after it failed to update automatically as it had previously from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2.

I've noticed that plugin auto-update in kodi not working very well when repository is specified in the plugin itself.

RTÉ Player HQ updated to V2.1.4
    - fixed windows startup error

for manual install download the zip from http://zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq/

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

RTÉ Player HQ updated to V2.1.4
    - fixed windows startup error

for manual install download the zip from http://zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq/

still getting startup error on Windows

• Advertisement

can you show me your log?

I found the problem, will make another version later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beautifulrock

Hi Zakalibit, first fantastic work and thank you for all your hard work, much appreciated.

I live outside Ireland so am unable to watch any of the live streams, just wondering if this as you expected?

that is down to rte, streams come from them and they're regionally restricted probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3 beautifulrock

ok thanks, yes they have geo restrictions in place unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Zakalibit....thanks for all your great work on this. Is there a repository that I can download it from?

joe_99 wrote: »
    Zakalibit....thanks for all your great work on this. Is there a repository that I can download it from?
    Add your reply here.
    See the web site there is the link to the kodi repository.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Thanks for all the great work on this Zakalibit!
    I have it running on Nvidia Shield TV (on the Android TV OS). I read the comments about this not working on Android but maybe that's just the live TV. It seems to play back RTE Player content just fine which is all I really care about as I have saorview coming into the TV already. RTE News Now is the only live channel showing up and it starts to play but within a few seconds it fails.

duffmagic wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great work on this Zakalibit!
    I have it running on Nvidia Shield TV (on the Android TV OS). I read the comments about this not working on Android but maybe that's just the live TV. It seems to play back RTE Player content just fine which is all I really care about as I have saorview coming into the TV already. RTE News Now is the only live channel showing up and it starts to play but within a few seconds it fails.

Android is next on my list, I think I'm going to park windows for now, I tried few things on windows with little success.

Next version that I'd like to release will contain windows startup error fix and a fix for kodi shutdown, now it gets stuck sometimes waiting for rte decryption service to shutdown, and that is not working well yet.

Regarding RTE News stream it is a simple hls that kodi should handle just fine, actually is streamed the using the same technology as other catch-up programs. It could be that stream bitrate is too big and your internet can not keep up with it, so it times out. Check kodi logs after it fails.

• Advertisement

Small clarification, with android on my list I did mean live streaming, everything else should work on any platform that xbmc/kodi runs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement