Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"irish TV" player on xbmc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

zakalibit wrote: »
    Any MacOS users here?

Yeh I've a MacBook Pro at my disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh I've a MacBook Pro at my disposal.

Just wandering is there is many mac users and is worth spending time for live streaming support on mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin. Been using it on my pi for the last few weeks and it works perfectly. Use it almost daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Great to have it working cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

I'm on a macbook pro using kodi 15.1
    I've only got rte news now. If there was support included in this plugin for mac, it would be fantastic. thanks a lot.

• Advertisement

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Calling for testers[/font]

RT Player HQ V3.0.0.beta
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- removed ffmpeg windows binary, was bloating the zip[/font]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- added max bandwidth limit setting for live and catchup streams[/font]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- added ffmpeg path setting, needs to be used when there is no system default[/font]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] windows users need to install it manually now, I used binaries from this location [/font][font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/[/font]
    [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- added python Crypto modules for osx, mac os users can try live streaming (installed ffmpeg required)[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I'd like to hear the following:[/font]
    - linux users still happy, i.e. there is no regression from previous version
    - windows users can install ffmpeg from above link, or other trusted sources, then configure ffmpeg path in the plugin settings, and check that live streaming works and the rest too
    - MacOS users similar to windows, please install ffmpeg (google for it how to do it) and let me know if live streaming works

https://github.com/zakalibit/kodi.rteplayer.hq/raw/master/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-3.0.0.beta.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Linux:

Working here after setting up ffmpeg path.
    I thought it should work without having to do so, but apparently not in my case.

Size is considerably larger (as you know) than previous releases.

In any case ..... all good from my point of view :D

strange, should not be needed if ffmpeg is on the path already, I'm on linux too and I did not configure it. It should work as before, nothing changed in that area.
    could you confirm that you can open a terminal and run ffmpeg command? or maybe your kodi starts under a different user, or it does not inherit the path.

Yes, size is bigger, as I added windows and osx python Crypto libraries.

strange, should not be needed if ffmpeg is on the path already, I'm on linux too and I did not configure it. It should work as before, nothing changed in that area.
    could you confirm that you can open a terminal and run ffmpeg command? or maybe your kodi starts under a different user, or it does not inherit the path.

Yes, size is bigger, as I added windows and osx python Crypto libraries.

Yes ffmpeg is in the path and can be launched from a terminal.
    Kodi starts under my user account.
    I don't know how to check whether Kodi inherits the path or not, but see no reason it would not.

I just realized that I actually forgot to pass that path down in the code, so I do not understand how it can make a difference for you :)

need to fix this, will do it tomorrow, is quite late now.

• Advertisement

I just realized that I actually forgot to pass that path down in the code, so I do not understand how it can make a difference for you :)

need to fix this, will do it tomorrow, is quite late now.

Hehehehehe, it gets weirder!

I did have to close Kodi a few times before it worked for me.

Maybe that is what triggered it into working..

Whichever, it has been working well since, and I will try again tomorrow ....... maybe uninstall and reinstall to get a fresh look.

will i wait for the fix before testing osx ? Great work . Jealous of your skills .

I wiped ~/.kodi
    Started Kodi and reinstalled add-on

Again, for some reason it took a few launches of Kodi for this to settle ..... and even now I found a couple of catch up items that did not work, but that seems to have other causes.

The live streams connected as expected.

I would rate the behaviour as better than 90% of the add-ons I have tried over the years ;)

Please wait, I have some fixes and improvements coming, as well trying to do something for android.

RTÉ Player HQ V3.0.1.beta
    - fixed ffmpeg path configuration to work
    - added pycryto support on android
    - added ffmpeg binary for android (did not work very well on my 64bit box)

https://github.com/zakalibit/kodi.rteplayer.hq/raw/master/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-3.0.1.beta.zip

Just a 'head's up' ..... before I d/loaded the new version I tried to update the present version, and all that was offered was 2.2.1.

I will manually get the files and uninstall the present version and install the new.

EDIT:

Installed and working fine in Linux. :D

i'm on mac osx 10.11

i installed ffmpeg by
    installing hombrew for osx (google it if you need it, not allowed to post urls here)
    and in the termianl running command brew install ffmpeg

then i insalled the latest HQ V3.0.1.beta kodi plugin , everything working as before no live rte1 or 2 . I probably jumped the gun too soon. Will await instructions. Thanks for you work zakalibit

did you configure ffmpeg path in the plugin configuration, or do you have ffmpeg on the path?

i didn't sorry but now i have (for those on osx that need to set the ffmpeg path, in kodi video addons right click on rte player hq and and select addon settings
    Live streaming settings path is /Volumes/Untitled/usr/local/bin/ffserver

i restarted kodi. I can now see the rte 1 and 2 channels links but they are not playing

logfiles are here ([font=monospace, Courier]/Users/[font=monospace, Courier]<username>[/font][font=monospace, Courier]/Library/Logs/kodi.log)[/font][/font]
    pastebin dot com forwardslash

gMMi3fup

thanks a lot

looks like ffmpeg process exits for some reason, somewhat similar to android

• Advertisement

would you mind trying another version, I want try redirect ffmpeg stderr to a file, maybe it will tell us more what's going on. I'll do the changes and let you know when ready

try this one https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21680036/projects/src/kodi.rteplayer.hq/build/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-3.0.2.beta.zip

start one of the rte1, or rte2 streams then check /tmp/rte-ffmpeg.log

/Volumes/Untitled/usr/local/bin/ffserver

it should point to ffmpeg executable not ffserver

opps ...

working perfect, quality superb . Thanks so much . where is your donate link ?

a few possible nice to haves.
    can you check for ffmpeg installation and if it's not there install it and setup the path. Thats a pain and error prone for a lot of users. Some kind of workaround. in the worst case good documentation (can help with that if needed) but best case, just install the plugin and done.

any chance or rte junior ?
    what about a few other popular irish channles tv3 , tg4 ?
    I know the plugin is called rte player HQ :) maybe a rename to Irish player HQ or something could be on the cards. kudos and thanks

button and some documentation is here http://zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq/

finding where is ffmpeg installed, is not easy, it is either installed in a system default location and available in the path, then you do not need to configure the path in the settings, or it could be in a random location, trying to do some smarts on windows/linux/macos/android is impossible, what it should do scan the whole filesystem?
    I understand that is not very user friendly, to make it so it needs to be done in kodi code, so no ffmpeg would be needed.

Added RTEJr, somehow overlooked it :)https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21680036/projects/src/kodi.rteplayer.hq/build/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq-3.0.3.beta.zip

but it does not stream now, so if tomorrow it works ok, I do a release that will be pushed to all users, unless we find few more bugs.

TV3 and TG4 are different animals, they're streamed from completely different servers with their own APIs, that are very different then rte, I had a brief look at samsung smart tv plugins, i.e. what kind of requests they send over the wire, they're looking way more complex then rte, does not mean it is not possible, but it is a lot of effort.

I'll try update kodi page with instructions on how to configure ffmpeg, just need time and a bit of inspiration for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Good addon & work you're doing here

Is there anything you could do with the quality of the shows from the player?
    I only ever get 640x360 with them

batistuta9 wrote: »

it always gets the best available stream, so it tries hls first, then some shows do not have hls, so it falls back to rtmp. Unless you can show me somehow that you get the same show on samsung smart let say in a better quality.

batistuta9 wrote: »

Are these 'catch-up' shows?
    Do you only get the same res on LiveTV RTÉ1 & RTÉ2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it always gets the best available stream, so it tries hls first, then some shows do not have hls, so it falls back to rtmp. Unless you can show me somehow that you get the same show on samsung smart let say in a better quality.

Yeah I noticed live streams are 720
    I dont watch it on any other apps, though I know their official Android app is shít quality as well

I wonder can any other users from here get better quality with it?

Other suggestions :D
    scraping the website for program info
    Search isn't the best, A/z only shows one program per show - it might have 3/4 available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement