Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"irish TV" player on xbmc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I doubt it TBH ..... but if the user has also subscribed to eir TV then there might be some interaction?

Hi Johnboy .. you are over here too :-) ... I am the user who had the issue. It was yourself who pointed me at this addon in the first place. I am not 100% sure it is being caused by this addon to be honest. But when i disable the addons, the problem goes away. I was using the most up to date version also.

I am not using Eir TV, so its not that. I have a separate network (192.168.1.x) around the house where I have my kodi boxes attached. This is where the problems are. The main network (192.168.0.x) connected directly to the ISP is not affected. Speeds are normal on that net.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi! yeah I get around :D
    network speeds are affected, i.e. they drop from 30Mbps down/ 5Mbps up, to 2 down / 0.3 up.
    Can you explain more fully the problem, and if it is confined to LAN segment or more widespread?
    Is it possible that there is a switch/router on the affected segment that is being maxed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Hi! yeah I get around :D

Can you explain more fully the problem, and if it is confined to LAN segment or more widespread?
    Is it possible that there is a switch/router on the affected segment that is being maxed out?

i have a router sitting off my ISP cable router which i set up as 192.168.1.x. All our devices connect to this router as I can run dd-wrt on that and write IP tables (chromecast google dns and all that stuff). so all my kodi boxes ar eon that internal net. When the addon is enabled .. all seems fine for a while .. then at some point network speeds drop .. there is no maxing out on the router... once i disable the addon all is good again .. i tried it three times and same thing happened ..

It might not be anything at all to do with this addon ... I will keep an eye out for any further problems ... but for now I am disabling the addon. If the problem arise again I will report here so we know for sure that its not related to this addon.

Edit: here is my normal speedtest result:

[HTML]Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: 25.884 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 27.01 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 4.64 Mbit/s[/HTML]

here is one form the same box when i am seeing this problem

[HTML]Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: 49.886 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 1.04 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 0.79 Mbit/s[/HTML]

Thanks for details ;)

Can you monitor if there is data going through from the add-on when the problem arises?
    If yes it should be possible to find out to/from where it is going/coming.

It is strange ..... addon enabled but not in use ...

Could you test the addon from the other LAN segment to see if the same problem arises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Not seeing any Live apart from News Now i had them in the last update my settings have 4096/1024 and ffmpeg/avconv path. I read the documentation with the latest zip but not to clever on how to resolve this thanks. If i try update it stops the addon working have to delete the RTE folders in Kodi and reinstall it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

guys if I'd guess your plugin version and OS you're on, I'd probably answer your questions.

Windows users, you have to download ffmpeg binaries your self's, unzip them, then point plugin ffmpeg configuration to the ffmpeg binary and probably restart kodi

zakalibit wrote: »
    guys if I'd guess your plugin version and OS you're on, I'd probably answer your questions.

Windows users, you have to download ffmpeg binaries your self's, unzip them, then point plugin ffmpeg configuration to the ffmpeg binary and probably restart kodi
    Its Windows and i saw the Binary stuff but need to figure that out may not be worth the hassle tbh. I have the 3.0.7 version but the last one i had RTE1/2 as-well with the binary stuff not needed thanks.

I understand it is inconvenient for winodws users, but it is unfair to other platforms when bloating plugin size with windows binaries.

I have another solution in mind, a button in the config where it will download the binary for windows/android automatically, or even plugin could offer to download on the first start, I think linux users are ok, mac looks to me not that trivial.

I have a prototype for this, jst need to polish it a bit, as well I'm fixing AtoZ category to grab all the episodes for a show.

I understand it is inconvenient for winodws users, but it is unfair to other platforms when bloating plugin size with windows binaries.

I have another solution in mind, a button in the config where it will download the binary for windows/android automatically, or even plugin could offer to download on the first start, I think linux users are ok, mac looks to me not that trivial.

I have a prototype for this, jst need to polish it a bit, as well I'm fixing AtoZ category to grab all the episodes for a show.
    Thanks i can try the Binary stuff or attempt it anyway and thanks for the great work much appreciated.

Up and running now thanks wasn't hard after all :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway.

Is there anyway we can extract the live channels from the player into a .m3u file?

Then add the files to the AutoBuquets Maker on an enigma2 box?

Would be great to get the 720 streams onto a satelite boxs' channel list.

Batesy wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway.

Is there anyway we can extract the live channels from the player into a .m3u file?

Then add the files to the AutoBuquets Maker on an enigma2 box?

Would be great to get the 720 streams onto a satelite boxs' channel list.

Most likely it wont work, on enigma hls is supported only through gstreamer's fragmented plugin, as far as I know it has a terrible zap time and I doubt it supports encrypted hls.

hls to http is easy doable on enigma, pycrypto might not be available, so it will need to be crosscompiled, so a similar rtestreamer as on kodi plugin can be made. This is technically possible, but there is no appetite for it. I have an old enigma plugin, that actually worked as a starting point for kodi variant https://github.com/zakalibit/e2rteplayer

Another option is to make kodi rtestreamer serve external requests, now it is restricted to the local machine where kodi runs, so then you can point enigma to simple http streams that rtestreamer produces.

RTÉ Player HQ V3.0.8
    - changed AZ from a plain list to A to Z categories
    - fixed AZ listing, so it will search for all available episodes for the selected program
    - added context menu for shows, so all available episodes can be found for every show (menu not available in AZ section)

check http://zakalibit.github.io/kodi.rteplayer.hq for latest plugin version

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Something like this?
    Add your reply here.
    Any more info on that rte link (had to delete it to be allowed to reply) . Is it static ? Are there links for other channels. thanks

RTÉ Player HQ V3.0.9
    - added 2048k stream quality when available for the catch-up shows

P.S. this is thanks to upandcumming, who pointed out that hls 2048 variant is available too

This one auto-updated :D

On a couple of tests I got 720 for catch-up media.
    Not all .... whether not available or maybe on the edge of my connection speed, I don't know.

In any case all seems to be working fine! :)

Try By Date -> 16th May->Soccer Republic it has a 2048k stream

Try By Date -> 16th May->Soccer Republic it has a 2048k stream

2W3ECPy.png

This is what I see on my desktop ;)

Episode 11 of Soccer Republic
    Screen info says 720
    It is the .... 2048k.mp4.m3u8 stream according to the info.

Hope that shows what you need. :)

All good from my point of view.

• Advertisement

I meant the links, if they stream lower quality then the link suggests, is a different question, you know I cant' do anything with that.

I'm wandering if anybody gets changelog popping up constantly in 3.0.9 and not once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm wandering if anybody gets changelog popping up constantly in 3.0.9 and not once off?

I do. To be honest I very rarely use this extension but it is loaded and I did try to open it last night and got this repeated changelog.

I'm running kodibuntu, should be latest version. If ya need anything just say, you might have to talk me through it though.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I do. To be honest I very rarely use this extension but it is loaded and I did try to open it last night and got this repeated changelog.

I'm running kodibuntu, should be latest version. If ya need anything just say, you might have to talk me through it though.

Could you run the following in the console and show me the output:
    ls -l ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/.changelog

then can you send me that file, it just contains an md5 checksum of the changelog, i.e. no personal data.

then remove the file
    rm ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.rteplayer.hq/.changelog

then start at least 2 times the plugin and see if the changelog opens only once.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Great addon zakalibit, Does live tv work on android? I'm confused by the ffmpeg binary stuff

no, it does not work on android, cant find time to work on it, on android if I get it working it will be working out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cool, I'll get that done when I get home.

RTÉ Player HQ V3.1.0
    - fixed changelog popup

RTÉ Player HQ V3.1.0
    - fixed changelog popup

So far no sign of this one updating like 3.0.9 did ;)

I will leave it a day or so to see if it does auto-update.

So far no sign of this one updating like 3.0.9 did ;)

I will leave it a day or so to see if it does auto-update.

depends when kodi checks for updates, you can force it

• Advertisement

depends when kodi checks for updates, you can force it

I was watching a TV program and went back to try forcing it and it showed 3.10 installed :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement