Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Card Replacement Charges.

Options
  • 13-05-2015 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

My card stopped working in 2014 and I was charged to replace it even though I had not lost it and had always looked after it well.

Recently an ATM machine swallowed my card and I was again charged to have it replaced.

When I called card services they said I had to go into my Branch if I wanted to have the charge reversed, with no guarantee that this would happen.

Getting to my Branch in it's limited opening hours would not be very convenient, is there any better solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

My card stopped working in 2014 and I was charged to replace it even though I had not lost it and had always looked after it well.

Recently an ATM machine swallowed my card and I was again charged to have it replaced.

When I called card services they said I had to go into my Branch if I wanted to have the charge reversed, with no guarantee that this would happen.

Getting to my Branch in it's limited opening hours would not be very convenient, is there any better solution?
    H BlatantCheek,

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 and a representative will take some details and have this looked into. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

H BlatantCheek,

Please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 4044000 and a representative will take some details and have this looked into. Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

Thanks

Billy
    I already called. They told me to deal with the branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

H BlatantCheek,

Thanks

Billy
    I already called. They told me to deal with the branch.
    Hi BlatantCheek,

If you would like to send a PM with your name, account holding branch and a contact number, we will be happy to follow this up for you.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

Hi BlatantCheek,

If you would like to send a PM with your name, account holding branch and a contact number, we will be happy to follow this up for you.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Billy,

I am unable to send you a PM. I get a response from Boards.ie that your account cannot receive PMs.

Edit: PM'd you there.

Advertisement