Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty's competitiveness

Options
  • 13-05-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Some information just for the sake of anyone else thinking of getting a policy from Liberty.

Facts:

- I'm with Liberty since May 2011 (formerly Quinn-Direct)
    - Never had a claim
    - This year I reach 4 years with no claims

The renewal quote came in this week and it nearly doubles my premium from that of last year. Up from €434 to €707.

Yet, in their own words, "We still feel this would be a competitive".

Think twice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Go elsewhere. Even if the quote is the same from a different company, the only way to do it is hit Liberty in the pocket. Customer loyalty means nothing. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vitor Pereira

Go elsewhere. Even if the quote is the same from a different company, the only way to do it is hit Liberty in the pocket. Customer loyalty means nothing. 
    Yes, that's what I've done.  Got a better quote than last year's. I just wanted to put this up here for anyone thinking of getting a new policy with Liberty. You might get a reasonable quote as new customer only to see it going up every single year after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This is the same for all Insurance my friend.

You stuck around for 4 years, when you could have been saving all of that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

listermint wrote: »
    This is the same for all Insurance my friend.

You stuck around for 4 years, when you could have been saving all of that time...
    No it's not. I was with Liberty for around 6 years and saw the price go down year on year, only for it to go up to roughly the same price I paid when I was 21 FFS. 

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Thierry

Actually I had the same experience.

Been with Liberty for about 6 years (Quinn before), with competitive prices every year, so I had not bothered moving to any others, until this year: price hike of about €200! no real reason: I thought it was because of my French driving License? anyway I have moved.

Still difficult to get the NCB letter. Apparently the quote they send on renewal time is their proof of No Claim Bonus, so I send it, but my new insurer is not happy with it: it is looking for a signed letter of NCB. So I got in touch with Liberty customer services, who told me that they will be resending the same paper.??? weird

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Thierry wrote: »

Been with Liberty for about 6 years (Quinn before), with competitive prices every year, so I had not bother moving to any others, until this year: price hike of about €200! no real reason: I thought it was because of my French driving License? anyway I have moved. Still difficult to get the NCB letter.
    Hi Thierry,
    Sorry we couldnt have been more competitive. Just to let you know your Statement of No Claims Bonus is issued along with your renewal notice. However PM me your policy number if you wish for another to be issued.
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Thierry

Been with Liberty for about 6 years (Quinn before), with competitive prices every year, so I had not bother moving to any others, until this year: price hike of about €200! no real reason: I thought it was because of my French driving License? anyway I have moved. Still difficult to get the NCB letter.
    Hi Thierry,
    Sorry we couldnt have been more competitive. Just to let you know your Statement of No Claims Bonus is issued along with your renewal notice. However PM me your policy number if you wish for another to be issued.
    Una
    Well there is a paper with all the details of the policy, which includes a no claim bonus statement that my new insurer is not happy about. I have not seen any other form attached with your renewal letter. I have asked already your customer services to send the NCB form again.

I still do not understand how a premium can go up by more than 30% without a valid reason???

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi Thierry,
    Una
    Well there is a paper with all the details of the policy, which includes a no claim bonus statement that my new insurer is not happy about. I have not seen any other form attached with your renewal letter. I have asked already your customer services to send the NCB form again.

I still do not understand how a premium can go up by more than 30% without a valid reason???
    Hi Thierry,
    If you PM me your policy number I can chase up the Statement of No Claims Bonus you had already requested.
    In terms of your premium, we regret we could not offer you a more competitive price. Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors including car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving claims/convictions etc. While we are not competitive on this occasion, our pricing is constantly under review so we would encourage you to contact us again at your next renewal.
    Thanks Una

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I'd just like to add my experience that Liberty don't always include a Statement of NCB with their renewal letters. 

I'm quite organised and keep all Liberty documents filed in their original envelopes.  I'm with Liberty a good few years and the NCB statement has not been included for maybe 25% of the renewal letters.

It *was* included this year (8 yrs NCB) while my premium went up 50%.  Needless to say, message received!  Goodbye :P

Advertisement