Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Careless cycling case a 'First' for Judge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There was another guy a few years back lost his driving licence for breaking a red light. The cases come up, but they're rare because there's no will there to prosecute and the impact of any such incidents is rarely measurable.

Having hit a parked car when I was a teenager, it usually takes a spectacular level of non-observance to accomplish this. Usually cycling in heavy rain, snow or hail, and looking down instead of looking ahead.

I think it would be a bit funny if he called the Gardai to report the parked car and they charged him instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Insp Tom Kennedy agreed: “I have never come across a case like this myself.”

This does happen; also cyclists cycling into and through pedestrians already on pedestrian crossings with right-of-way.

Could this be the start of ensuring cyclists obey rules of the road. Nothing is being done down my way regards cyclists breaking the rules of the road; with all the cameras around.

Well Done to the Judge in this instance though,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

if its equally applied across the board to cyclists, pedestrians and motorists all the better but thats not going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

kerry4sam wrote: »
    This does happen; also cyclists cycling into and through pedestrians already on pedestrian crossings with right-of-way.

Could this be the start of ensuring cyclists obey rules of the road. Nothing is being done down my way regards cyclists breaking the rules of the road; with all the cameras around.

Well Done to the Judge in this instance though,
    kerry4sam

All he did was adjourn to a later date for a plea as the cyclist didn't show up!

I'd be delighted if all rules of the road breakers were caught and brought to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Granolite

This hugely significant story sounds more like a case of a judge with a grudge than anything else with his “This, I believe, is something that will be welcomed by motorists” comment. Allied to this a generalist reference to a proliferation of cyclist's on our road's and the way cyclist's cycle on our streets and you have every likelihood this is just another lame-assed judge in full swagger mode playing to the gallery.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is no different from any other ongoing court case. No-one has been found guilty (or indeed innocent) and I'm closing the thread in line with normal site rules concerning the discussion of ongoing cases

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement