Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€250 taken from deposit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

The invoice they sent me is billing me for their own cleaners, 100e less than they took from me and dates 3 weeks after the cleaning was done.

So basically they've just robbed 100euro with no reason or explanation :mad: chancers, when it happened to me they at least try to come up with some BS about light bulbs that needed to be replaced for the money they couldn't account for, I would open a PRTB dispute straight away for the full amount, best get it started now - you can drop the case at any point if it's resolved in the mean time, but it takes a while so the sooner you start the process the better....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

gravehold wrote: »
    She did say she didn't clean the bathrom and bedrooms fully and they say the letting agency have pics of this with dirt in the oven too.

If they have these pics an a legit receipt then it's pretty obvious some extra cleaning was done.

Take it to the prtb op but don't be expecting to win.

Tenants are not obliged to hand the place back like a surgical ward. They give it back in the condition they got it in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kennedyal27

Viper_JB wrote: »
    So basically they've just robbed 100euro with no reason or explanation :mad: chancers, when it happened to me they at least try to come up with some BS about light bulbs that needed to be replaced for the money they couldn't account for, I would open a PRTB dispute straight away for the full amount, best get it started now - you can drop the case at any point if it's resolved in the mean time, but it takes a while so the sooner you start the process the better....

No they agreed to give back 100e after i sent them proof the bathroom was dirty, which is when i asked for a reciept for the cleaning and then they drew up that invoice.

I have a question, i have not taken the 100e yet they offered back as they i have not sent the bank details for the transfer. As i do not want to give up on this. If i take the 100e can i still look to get the rest back through the PRTB or will that mean i have accepted the cost of 150e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I have a question, i have not taken the 100e yet they offered back as they i have not sent the bank details for the transfer. As i do not want to give up on this. If i take the 100e can i still look to get the rest back through the PRTB or will that mean i have accepted the cost of 150e?

Oh ya definitely they would need to have you sign something that says that's the end to it at that point, make it clear to them that you will still be perusing them for the rest of the money, I can't believe they're holding the money hostage over a picture of the dirty bathroom (especially when they can't produce a receipt for how that money was spent), just crazy unprofessional behavior...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fkall

Viper_JB wrote: »
    If the management agency cannot provide a proper receipt she will win it's a pretty cut and dry thing - they cannot charge her for their own time if they done the cleaning, took over 2 years for me to get my money back in a similar situation but I got it back eventually.

The management agent can charge for his time.

The landlord cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

No they agreed to give back 100e after i sent them proof the bathroom was dirty, which is when i asked for a reciept for the cleaning and then they drew up that invoice.

Take the €100 back before you tell them you are pursuing them throught the PRTB for the rest. You can then open a case with the PRTB. Do not sign anything saying that by accepting the €100 it's case closed and you are accepting their deduction is valid. If they ask you sign something first then I would decline the €100.

For the poster that says the deduction is adequate due the oven, bathroom etc not being clean. This is simply not true. The LL would be entitled to charge for professional cleaners only if they had professional cleaners in prior to the OP moving in. Which they obviously didn't as the bathroom and oven were dirty prior to OP moving in. The property only needs to be left in the same condition it was when OP moved in. Simple as that. And according to OP he has emails etc from when he moved in proving he has in actual fact left the property in the same condition as it was when he moved in.

Advertisement