Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland to assist in migrant crisis in the Med.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Nodin wrote: »
    Really?

yes Nodin, for now Turkey is safe

but no doubt people like you want us to start taking in millions of Turkish "refugees"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

xhoundx wrote: »
    How many harmless Eritrean invaders have our navy picked up?

http://www.thelocal.se/20150811/ikea-suspect-denies-killing-mum-and-son
    These guys are "conscientious objectors". If they had stayed in Eritrea, they would have been forced into military service for a period of time. And that would be a breach of their human rights, apparently.
    A war could break out there at any moment, and then where would they be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

nokia69 wrote: »
    again Nodin, its NOT about race, its about culture

reading comprehension is not your strong point is it

The only people who ever introduce race into these conversations are the pro mass immigration crowd.

It's so they can hiss "racist" at those who dare to defy their dogma for lack of a genuine argument.

It's a nasty, dishonest tactic really. Painting posters as something they're not because they refuse to tow the dominant "all is well, immigration is great" line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

AlekSmart wrote: »
    This apparently,is what the entire thing boils down to,as it's a recurring theme in Nodin's answers.

It seems to hit a spot ?

The answer to the Western Worlds problems is to mix 'em all in together...sure what could go wrong..?

Wonder why they're kinda seperate in the first place ?

A new low. Hard to achieve considering the thread, well done.

I'll just write this down so I don't forget....One guilty....all guilty. There, all done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭xhoundx

I'll just write this down so I don't forget....One guilty....all guilty. There, all done.

There were 2 of them ;)

There were 2 of them ;)

Sorry, but it's impossible to make any more of them...no, wait - 'One guilty, all guilty, down to the third generation'. There ye go.

Sorry, but it's impossible to make any more of them...no, wait - 'One guilty, all guilty, down to the third generation'. There ye go.

What % of these invaders turning out to be murderers would you consider acceptable?

How many western lives would you be prepared to sacrifice by allowing this percentage into our countries?

No one suggested this but the fact is that immigrants from Africa and Western Asia are staggeringly over-represented in Sweden's violent and sexual crime statistics with their victims overwhelmingly being native Swedes.

This, along with other facts, is what gives people doubts that importing thousands of undocumented illegals from the same areas into this country is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

nokia69 wrote: »
    as strange as it may sound Israel are also helping ISIS

dunno about "helping" but their strategy has always been one of having weak nation states around them.
    A current cohesive state in the region is Iran, too strong for them to attack alone so they've tried to goad America into destroying it for them (worked to some extent with Iraq but has not succeeded with Iran yet). Continued chaos in Iraq and Syria will prevent formation of strong nation states there.

• Advertisement

Typically Swedish that the next article is not one questioning whether the asylum system in Sweden is working or if mass immigration is really good for Sweden in the wake of this event but detailing the authorities worry at some imaginary backlash against immigrants. We saw something similar in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo outrage with the European media more concerned with a non-existent retaliation against the Muslim community than asking some important questions about radicalisation within those communities and Islam itself.

Certain groups can only be victims in the eyes of most of the media- even when they are the perpetrators.

Expect the probable racially and/or religious motivations behind this stabbing to be strongly suppressed by the Swedish authorities in the name of multicultural harmony. Indeed, Sweden has so far seen fit to sacrifice the truth, as well as the well being and dignity of her people, at the altar of "multiculturalism".

What % of these invaders turning out to be murderers would you consider acceptable? ?

O look, wild hyperbole.
    How many western lives would you be prepared to sacrifice by allowing this percentage into our countries?

"western lives"....is there a different standard to be applied to "non-western" life?

Considering an Irishman raped and murdered a swiss student, do you think the swiss decided to bar all Irish people from the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Radly

There were 2 of them ;)

The younger one has been released without charg. T'would seem the murderer had been given his marching orders to be sent back to Italy and had met with officials on the day of the murders. So. Much for refused taking it on the chin and doing what they're told. Like was asked, how many lives of indigenous is it worth to give these people a home? And fcuk that "oh its not all of them, get back to me when they are all murders and I might entertain it". The apologists at this stage are a fcuking joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

invade

[in-veyd]

▪to intrude upon

▪to encroach or infringe upon

▪to permeate

▪to penetrate; spread into or over

Hyperbole? It's literally the dictionary definition of the term. Seems pretty apt to me.

Hyperbole? It's literally the dictionary definition of the term. Seems pretty apt to me.

And - strange sense of deja vu here - it seems like fear mongering xenophobic nonsense to me.

O look, wild hyperbole.

"western lives"....is there a different standard to be applied to "non-western" life?

You appear to be in favour of saving the invaders lives, possibly at the expense of western lives, so you seem to put a greater value on their lives do you not?

And - strange sense of deja vu here - it seems like fear mongering xenophobic nonsense to me.

The dictionary definition of the word is 'fear mongering xenophobic nonsense' now?

You appear to be in favour of saving the invaders lives, possibly at the expense of western lives, so you seem to put a greater value on their lives do you not?

There are no "invaders". There is no more risk than letting any people into a country. I'd suggest less froth and more substance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mayor of Calais has threatened to allow her police to withdraw from the UK border at Calais.
    This would literally allow migrants to storm ferries, Chunnel etc.

There are no "invaders". There is no more risk than letting any people into a country. I'd suggest less froth and more substance.

Illegal immigrants who come into Europe are no more a risk than people who are vetted and who go through the visa process? Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

snubbleste wrote: »
    Mayor of Calais has threatened to allow her police to withdraw from the UK border at Calais.
    This would literally allow migrants to storm ferries, Chunnel etc.

The Greeks should do the same as should the Italians maybe then a proper strategy could be organised instead of EU navies picking up refugees and dropping them off en masse in detention centres with no long term solution being offered.

Illegal immigrants who come into Europe are no more a risk than people who are vetted and who go through the visa process? Are you for real?

In the free movement area, there is no visa process. Hence Larry Murphy on tour.

And where did I say they shouldn't be vetted? They have to be to be given asylum.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53529697.jpg

In the free movement area, there is no visa process. Hence Larry Murphy on tour.

And where did I say they shouldn't be vetted? They have to be to be given asylum.

That murder in Sweden was committed by a failed asylum seeker

Free movement throughout Schengen is for EU citizens and those with a valid Schengen visa or certain non EU nationalities who are allowed in for 90 days on the visa waiver.

Not illegal non EU immigrants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In a somewhat related story.. you may have seen the item on the news this week about the Ukrainian girl who got a great score in her LC but wasn't going to be able to take a college place because of the high fees and being an asylum seeker.

Fear not, Jan O'Sullivan has stepped in...
    An asylum seeker who received 575 points in her Leaving Certificate has said the Minister for Education told her to accept an offer of a place from the Royal College of Surgeons.
    Anna Kern (19) this week voiced fears that she would be unable to go to university because of the prohibitively expensive fees.

But on Thursday Minister for Education Jan O’Sullivan said she would give “every assistance” to Ms Kern.

On Friday Ms Kern told RTÉ’s Morning Ireland: “Jan O’Sullivan said I should accept my offer on Monday. She contacted the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin and she will, they will together find a way.”

Good for Anna I guess, but what about the thousands of Irish (and legal resident) families who will struggle to pay college fees this year, or whose kids may not get the chance because of the cost? Where's their "bailout"?

No doubt all the liberal PC types will be along to call me racist and what not :rolleyes: but it doesn't seem right to me, and all for the sake of headline/vote-grabbing of course!

That murder in Sweden was committed by a failed asylum seeker

Yep, and your point is?

Free movement throughout Schengen is for EU citizens and those with a valid Schengen visa or certain non EU nationalities who are allowed in for 90 days on the visa waiver.

Not illegal non EU immigrants.

Good thing none of them are criminals then so. For a moment I was panicking.

Yep, and your point is?

You are in favour of us taking in thousands of these invaders.

• Advertisement

You are in favour of us taking in thousands of these invaders.
    There are no "invaders".

There are no "invaders".

What would you call that fellow who murdered the swedes? How would you describe his presence in Sweden prior to the murder? Do you think in hindsight it was a good idea to allow him into Sweden? How many more like him have gained entry to Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭timmyntc

These people are by the very definition of the word, invaders. They attempt to gain entry into our countries unlawfully and without our consent, correct me if I'm wrong but does that not constitute an invasion?

What would you call that fellow who murdered the swedes? How would you describe his presence in Sweden prior to the murder? Do you think in hindsight it was a good idea to allow him into Sweden? How many more like him have gained entry to Europe?

He was an asylum seeker. Unless you want to argue that Africans are inherently more dangerous than others, I'm not sure what point you're making.

timmyntc wrote: »
    These people are by the very definition of the word, invaders. They attempt to gain entry into our countries unlawfully and without our consent, correct me if I'm wrong but does that not constitute an invasion?

Considering the context, not really. Were they arriving via long boats and sacking monasteries you might have a point, but as it is they're getting hauled out of rubber dinghies in the med.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

He was an asylum seeker. Unless you want to argue that Africans are inherently more dangerous than others, I'm not sure what point you're making.

They're invaders. Just sneaky ones. With the usual "arms open" brigade in full cry in Ireland.

• Advertisement

He was a failed asylum seeker, we don't know for sure why he was refused asylum, but I think it's fair to call him a bogus asylum seeker, or an illegal invader.

Considering the context, not really. Were they arriving via long boats and sacking monasteries you might have a point, but as it is they're getting hauled out of rubber dinghies in the med.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse&ved=0CCoQFjACahUKEwi_q4HjzqjHAhWB1RoKHYTUAlo&usg=AFQjCNGxdp6K4v8_M7rDAmlANvRTl0Ql-w&sig2=FB1wGbGktJtbfyqjSU0x7A

along the historical line then, would you call the lads hidden inside the Trojan horse invaders?

More fear mongering crap.

LOL Nodin you truly are as stubborn as a mule. ;)

Can you not see the open goal Europe is offering to any extremists wishing harm upon us infidels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭timmyntc

More fear mongering crap.

If you're going to keep making statements without any further discussion to back it up you might aswell just leave. You aren't convincing anyone by making empty statements such as that. And if you're not going to try to convince anyone that your particular point is 'the right one' then why bother posting on a discussion board? Because that's the very nature of a 2 sided discussion.

On the issue of terminology, "invader" and "invasion" are perfectly valid terms for these illegals and this event.

These arrivals are appearing en mass and with great organisation in the sovereign territory of other nations illegally, uninvited, unwanted and often violently (look at the ongoing violent chaos in Kos and Calais).

It bears all the hallmarks of an unresisted (in fact assisted) invasion.

DeadHand wrote: »

Assisted from both sides unfortunately. On one hand the trafficers and on the other our home grown quango atheists with Christ complexes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Do they..?

Could you clarify who "They" are ?

Is it your contention that ALL of the applicants qualify,simply by applying ?

What many posters on these threads want is for Irelands Functional Asylum system to be allowed to continue in that vein,whereas the opposing faction,including yourself,appear to deride Ireland for actually having a functional system in the first place.

With a large majority of applicants for Irish Asylum being found against,the State finds itself unable to deport the numbers required due to manipulation and subterfuge on the part of both the Asylum Seekers and the many self-serving individuals and agencies making a healthy job-of-work out of being "active" in that field.

Most likely Nodin,will slip in a pithy one-liner in response,but as this threads latest twist is demonstrating,there is little else he can respond with given the burgeoning amount of warnings coming from other States who went down the "Nodin" road already,and who now find it less than the Nirvana as was expected.

Froth...?
    Substance...?

Time is telling ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

fly_agaric wrote: »
    dunno about "helping" but their strategy has always been one of having weak nation states around them.
    A current cohesive state in the region is Iran, too strong for them to attack alone so they've tried to goad America into destroying it for them (worked to some extent with Iraq but has not succeeded with Iran yet). Continued chaos in Iraq and Syria will prevent formation of strong nation states there.

It's funny then how Israel just gave Jordan 16 free Helicopter gunships then

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/israel-gave-jordan-16-cobra-attack-helicopters-to-repel-1720159544

DeadHand wrote: »
    On the issue of terminology, "invader" and "invasion" are perfectly valid terms for these illegals and this event.

These arrivals are appearing en mass and with great organisation in the sovereign territory of other nations illegally, uninvited, unwanted and often violently (look at the ongoing violent chaos in Kos and Calais).

'Soon they will tremble at the sight of our fleet of sinking vessels and overcrowded dinghies..'.

Total and utter bollocks.

'Soon they will tremble at the sight of our fleet of sinking vessels and overcrowded dinghies..'.

Total and utter bollocks.

But the vessels they are using to get to European soil are actual real life warships.

Going by your logic that surely counts as an invasion no?

But the vessels they are using to get to European soil are actual real life warships.

Going by your logic that surely counts as an invasion no?

........being silly now, to be polite about it.

........being silly now, to be polite about it.

How?

How?

Are they arriving on warships owned and operated by their country of origin? No, they are not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement