Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Bullying

Options
  • 13-05-2015 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I use the app on my phone to access boards.ie.

I posted this thread, wherein the first two replies suggested my thread had such an obvious solution that I shouldn't even have started it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95460251#post95460251

I criticised that advice because I had already explained that I didn't want to do what was suggested in it, for reasons I made clear. The_Morrigan moderator said that if I wasn't entitled to criticise other posters.

I then was at fault, because I suggested the moderator reprimand the poster who had belittled my thread instead. I didn't realise discussion of moderation was against the forum charter and I apologise. I didn't get the private message about why my posts were deleted because they take a while to show up on the App so I rephrased my earlier post, and when that was deleted again with the moderator's note, I pasted it again without reference to moderation so that I could keep the thread going.

All I wanted was a bit of advice about a problem we're having with our neighbours and it quickly escalates to a locked thread because of some bickering. I'd like to know the process to appeal the locking of the thread because I could really use the advice and there was really no need to come down so ridiculously hard on me like that.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If you want to appeal a thread being locked - contact the moderator who locked the thread or one of their co-moderators by PM and discuss the situation. If that isnt working out for you, you can discuss the situation with a Category Mod.

But your first port of call is always with the moderators of the forum you have the issue in.

Hope this helps :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DRP only covers bans and infractions. A locked thread doesn't come under its remit. Helpdesk would cover a broader issue like that, after it was discussed by PM with the mods involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll edit my post to convey that so

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Chloris, we take allegations of bullying very seriously here, please do not bandy the word around when all that happened was a thread was locked.

As has been advised above, please PM the Mod who closed the thread about this to see if a resolution can be found.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement