Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat feeder

• 13-05-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an outdoor feeder for some cats we have in work. I've seen feral feed stations before when we were abroad, but I can't seem to find anything like that, that can be bought online, in Ireland. I've tried pet shops, but not having any luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Before anyone thinks I'm being irresponsible, I've had them all neutered by our local SPCA, who offer a catch & release service :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Some here and here, are they the type of things you meant?

Personally I think it is better to feed them yourself. It means no leftover food to attract vermin/birds, and makes it easier to spot when a cat is off their food ie could be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thank you Magenta, I'm looking for something that gives some shelter to the food from the rain. Something like this http://www.catster.com/files/600px-hawaii-feeding-station.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

OP what your are looking for looks like an oversized bird feeder to me so doesn't look too complicated.

So if I were you I would pop into my local Mans Shed and show them what you are looking for and they might build you one reasonable enough. That way you can get it made to your own design.

I know our local Mans Shed built some kennels for a rescue near us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

So it's a kennel without any walls? Or a mini pergola? It's pretty cute actually.

I would just buy them a kennel. They might prefer to eat in privacy. You can get ones that the roof lifts off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Inexile wrote: »
    OP what your are looking for looks like an oversized bird feeder to me so doesn't look too complicated.

So if I were you I would pop into my local Mans Shed and show them what you are looking for and they might build you one reasonable enough. That way you can get it made to your own design.

I know our local Mans Shed built some kennels for a rescue near us.

Thanks a mill Inexile, I don't think there is such a thing as a Mans Shed near us, but I might ask a local carpenter if they could do something for us.
    So it's a kennel without any walls? Or a mini pergola? It's pretty cute actually.

I would just buy them a kennel. They might prefer to eat in privacy. You can get ones that the roof lifts off.

Thank you Teyla, I have a kennel for them for shelter/additional place to sleep (as they have beds under our office, which is raised off the ground), but they don't seem too keen on it!

Thanks again, appreciate the help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement