Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limitless [CBS] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thought this was starting tonight in the US, but it's actually next Tuesday.. still, latest trailer:

Personally I really enjoyed the movie, but I'm not sure how the concept/premise will translate to an entire series. Hopefully it's decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would you need to watch the movie for it before watching the series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

The movie isn't great at all, wouldn't be too pushed to watch this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The show takes place after the events of the film, so yes.

Pilot episode is now available online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The show takes place after the events of the film, so yes.
    To be fair, it's a US network television show..

.. they'll make it painfully obvious as to what happened in the movie if it's necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No you don't.

Just watched the pilot and it's pretty much explains everything you need to know without watching the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Basq wrote: »
    To be fair, it's a US network television show..

.. they'll make it painfully obvious as to what happened in the movie if it's necessary.
    Yeah, I would've said the same, until I found out it's a sequel series of sorts, with featuring Bradley Cooper's character. If you care about watching the backstory of one of the recurring characters on this show, watch the film, otherwise yes, the film might not be necessary in terms of narrative of this series' story.

I would watch the film though, to see where they're coming from, and to know Cooper's character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

First episode wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Agree, I enjoyed it - didn't expect too much from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Enjoyed it as well. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Kev1001

Spoiler

I thought it lacked reasoning. Not sure why you would rob a bank at gun point and have potential charges brought against you when you could just contact the FBI (who I imagine could access the deposit box easily and before the owner moved the NZT).

The female FBI character seems to have judged the main character as a nice guy based on that eye contact on the train platform alone.

Did the main character need to run from the FBI? Sure, like an idiot he put his fingerprints all over the body and smashed the guitar, but running would indicate guilt - would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Kev1001 wrote: »

I thought it lacked reasoning. Not sure why you would rob a bank at gun point and have potential charges brought against you when you could just contact the FBI (who I imagine could access the deposit box easily and before the owner moved the NZT).

Not to mention that
    breaking onto the safe deposit box without a warrant would make the evidence found there inadmissible in court as for all anyone knows the main character could have planted it there, especially given his sleight-of-hand demonstration with the security guard's gun.

That element really spoiled the episode for me and put me off returning. Shame, as it was fun otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

Enjoyed it, could be good!

Just watched it now.. has the same tone and feel of the movie anyway. Pretty good start IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Yup, good starter. Sign me up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Another cop show with a consultant:rolleyes:
    Watched it, heap of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I keep waiting for DebraAgent Rebecca to throw out the F bombs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought episode 2 was a bit step up. Obviously the pilot was setting the show up but I like the pacing of the show now and the humour. The map/voiceover/vignette device is a good one. I liked this episode a lot. So far the show looks pretty strong and I'm hoping it coninues like this. Definitely the strongest show I've seen out of Blindfolded and Minority Report.

Good second episode alright... worth sticking with I think

Another good episode this week and things have taken a darker turn which should make it more interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3 out of 3 for me. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Absolute rubbish for me. Each to their own though. One season at most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

been pretty good so far, its gonna be interesting to see what moura wants him to do, id expect noting thatd be illegal, probably more likely ethical problems,

still strange seeing jennifer carpenter talking all civilised, she had some tongue on her in dexter, id like to see them develop mike and ike a bit more too, they seem a little to wooden, when they could easily better better additions to the team,

with blindspot getting a full series order, id fully expect this to follow suit in the next week or two, along with quantico, and also it was no surprise to see minority report have it series order cut, i said after watching the 4 pilots that MP was by far the weakest of the bunch, id say limitless is the best, more for the fact that it has a more realistic chance of running for multiple seasons without having to push the limits of realism,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

tvnutz wrote: »
    The movie isn't great at all, wouldn't be too pushed to watch this.

The movie is great,but as already said this just turned into a cop show with a consultant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

has received a full-season, 22-episode order

http://tvline.com/2015/10/23/limitless-full-season-order-cbs/

Just watching this week's episode now.. love the instructional video :p

I disagree with the above analysis too.. it may have started off as just-another-cop-show but I think the underlying darker plot and the humor/visual style raises it significantly

This show continues to deliver.. the Ferris Bueller intro spoof at the start this week was great :p

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Just watched the first two episodes and I like it so far (currently on sky go)

It's another consultant/fbi series solving crimes but it also has the nzt added to the story line which might make it different from the genre consultant series - time will tell.

Stick with it! It's one of my favourite shows this season. Finch is great as a likeable idiot/rogue and Rebecca is a great agent who sometimes gets infected by Brian's sense of fun. Once it gets going I love the different story devices they use every so often like the Ferris Bueler takeoff etc. It's a really cute fun show and I'm hoping it'll be renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Love this show. Have seen up to Episode 13. It is such a fresh funny show. Look forward to watching each episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I guess I'm once again in the order corner; I'm quickly losing interest in the show at episode 15 because it's not fun, it's not good and the constant Finch cut scenes are bloody annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nody wrote: »
    I guess I'm once again in the order corner; I'm quickly losing interest in the show at episode 15 because it's not fun, it's not good and the constant Finch cut scenes are bloody annoying.

It's watchable but compared with Law and Order SVU season 17 it is running out of ideas. Limitless had a lame duck episode on the US run , SVU pulled a rabbit out of the hat this week. We'll get a second or third run out of Limitless and then it'll reach it's ......finish that for me there, Roisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Nody wrote: »

Well done on lasting that long, one was enough for me

After such a fun season, the finale felt a bit flat and anticlimactic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe it was them not knowing if it was getting a season two or if it's need to be a stand alone show finale but I felt the 5 or so episodes prior to that we're much stronger as they were all less storyline of the week based and instead focused on the overall plot.

Still no word on a season 2, hope we get one but for some reason I'm not expecting more than that unless ratings improve or the pay to get a lot more Cooper / Morra

• Advertisement

I guess if it doesn't get renewed, then it wasn't a terrible ending. So an episode, it was a let down after the last few.

I felt they were wrapping up as best they could given the uncertainty about a second season. Right now it's a good standalone season with scope to expand the story if they get renewed. I agree it kind of went out with a dull thud rather than a big bang but I'm not sure how much more they could have done given the uncertainty.

It'll be a real shame if this show doesn't get renewed. I've said before that I thought it was the best of the crop in terms of new headline shows in Fall 2015. I'm quitely confident though that it'll make it. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it had potential but it lacks something. the episode with the Ferris Beuller start was hilarious . I wouldn't rate it anywhere near the Mentalist or Numbers

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

The mentalist or numbers? What an odd comparison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd compare it with Lucifer or possibly Elementary but I'd rate both of those higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mr E wrote: »
    The mentalist or numbers? What an odd comparison.

unusually smart guy helping out "dumb cops"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Very few shows nowadays make me laugh out loud but this was definitely one of them. Frankly I'm surprised at the flack it receives on here. I thought it was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It was fun to watch.
    Part 1 of finale was great . part 2 not so much.

The second part was definitely a let down but overall I think it's a great show. Great humor and visual style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think we won't see this again, unfortunately as that is.

Finale: Part Two!! felt rushed, the miracle escape of Piper and her success of generating a life long booster shot came all to quick.

It was fun while it lasted and there is still the unfinished story line about Senator Morra but otherwise they wrapped up most of it with a neat bow and the post ending video was in typical Limitless fashion a nice goodbye.

I'll miss it and was hoping for a 2nd season but "still to be determined" in April in line of most other shows already having received their verdict is not giving me hopes. Also it was to quirky for American audiences, so it's a long shot anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

well they have to hold something back for the upfronts, see what pilot orders get picked up and if there is a space they cant fill id say they might renew it for a 13 episode season, and maybe order a back 9 if their still stuck, this show will probably be just like Chuck a few years ago, constantly on the bubble and just about strong enough as not to get cancelled,

i rather 13 episode seasons, even on network tv they are so much better than most 24 episode seasons, iZombie i think is a good example at the moment, had a great first season of 13 episode, and then got expanded to 22 and the story i think suffered, it was still good, but it was diluted down, networks still have hard-ons for 22-24 episode seasons, i really dont know why they still insist on them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

don ramo wrote: »
    networks still have hard-ons for 22-24 episode seasons, i really dont know why they still insist on them,

Syndication is where they make the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I would like to see this back I enjoyed it found the cast very likable . but I would not be crying in to my pint if it fails to get renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

in my opinion two-thirds of all the episodes were enjoyable. The silly views into Bryan's mind annoyed me after a while. Like the episode where they referred to murders as "huggings". But let's be honest it is just "Dexter" re-hashed.
    It seems to be going the same way Dexter went - running out of ideas fast.
    I hope this is the last season of it and it is not dragged out much longer.

Does anyone else think it's not N-Zeee-T it is N-Zed-T - every time they say NZT? I think Sands should kill everyone that says N-Zee-T that would make me happy!
    Who knows that may be his true motivation?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

in my opinion two-thirds of all the episodes were enjoyable. The silly views into Bryan's mind annoyed me after a while. Like the episode where they referred to murders as "huggings". But let's be honest it is just "Dexter" re-hashed.
    It seems to be going the same way Dexter went - running out of ideas fast.
    I hope this is the last season of it and it is not dragged out much longer.

Does anyone else think it's not N-Zeee-T it is N-Zed-T - every time they say NZT? I think Sands should kill everyone that says N-Zee-T that would make me happy!
    Who knows that may be his true motivation?

Dexter rehashed ,I cannot think of a show it has less in common with .
    Maybe you mean Dexters laboratory, you would still be wrong but not so far of the mark

Also Dexter ran out of ideas fast ! It was top top quality for at least 4 seasons !

• Advertisement
Advertisement