Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denim Repair, Cork

Options
  • 13-05-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I have several pairs of 7's and diesels that are in near perfect condition other than needing repairs around knees and a couple in crotch. Anyone in Cork good at doing denim repairs? Tempted to post them to this place but prefer something local. http://www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk/

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha jes what were you doing in them.. All perfect except for the crotch and knees haha you walked into or crawled into that one so you did!!

Cough cough, anywho don't know denim but again Zip yard are quite handy..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's a guy in the Douglas Woolen Mills that fixed the ripped knee of stretchy jeans for me so well that I had to look on the inside to find the repair. Think it was a fiver per item. Had a coat as well and I still don't remember which arm was ripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

TheChizler wrote: »
    There's a guy in the Douglas Woolen Mills that fixed the ripped knee of stretchy jeans for me so well that I had to look on the inside to find the repair. Think it was a fiver per item. Had a coat as well and I still don't remember which arm was ripped.

this sounds perfect. Do you remember the name of the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

BailMeOut wrote: »
    this sounds perfect. Do you remember the name of the place?

Probably a bit late now but it was Wisdom clothing alterations or something like that, and they're in that unit outside the Tesco Entrance above Pil Pil.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Probably a bit late now but it was Wisdom clothing alterations or something like that, and they're in that unit outside the Tesco Entrance above Pil Pil.

Thank you TheChizler

Dropped in 5 pairs of jeans today and they will be ready on Friday. They are charging €35 (€7 each) so so far so good but will let you know on Friday how it all works out.

Thanks again.

PS: if anyone is looking for them here is their website http://wisdomsewing.com/

• Advertisement

just an update but eventually picked up the repaired jeans today and they did an incredible job. Way better than I expected and just €5 per knee repair and €10 for the others. So I have five 'new' pairs of Diesel and 7's jeans for just €35 which would cost me €600+ to replace!

Thanks TheChiizler - great recomendation here.

Advertisement