Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the frying pan, into the .... fish pond

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Sunday:

Run: 4m @ 8:47

Yay :D This felt gooooood. Maybe a touch on the fast side for starting back but my breathing was good and my legs were nice and bouncy. I've been doing the hip exercises, not every day but pretty religiously. Have also been practising my karate and my hips are happy :D

Monday:

Run a.m. 25min recovery

Run p.m. 20min @ 8:49

Easy peasy :)

Tuesday:

Woke up and my throat was a bit sore again :( Had to go to Limerick to do an exam so took some painkillers and it sort of disappeared. Was buzzing after because the exam went well and I'm very, very happy to have it over with so when the girls messaged me to do some speed work tonight, how could I refuse? Started off with 3k warm up, then we did the same session as last time. 200, 400, 800, 800, 400, 200 with 200 recovery. Felt ridiculously good on these but managed to mess up the splits again except for the two 800's which were 3:04 and 2:59. My first sub 3 min 800 :D so super happy with the day's work :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Monday:

Run a.m. 25min recovery

Run p.m. 20min @ 8:49

Easy peasy :)

Tuesday:

Woke up and my throat was a bit sore again :( Had to go to Limerick to do an exam so took some painkillers and it sort of disappeared. Was buzzing after because the exam went well and I'm very, very happy to have it over with so when the girls messaged me to do some speed work tonight, how could I refuse? Started off with 3k warm up, then we did the same session as last time. 200, 400, 800, 800, 400, 200 with 200 recovery. Felt ridiculously good on these but managed to mess up the splits again except for the two 800's which were 3:04 and 2:59. My first sub 3 min 800 :D so super happy with the day's work :D:D:D

Yeaeeeeeeeee you're back. Hope your sore throat is gone bye bye.

Most people when they come out of an exam '.... when the girls messaged me to go for pints, how could I refuse?'

CM when she comes out of an exam
    when the girls messaged me to do some speed work tonight, how could I refuse?

Love it :) Delighted your exam went well too, well done :)

^^ :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

My first sub 3 min 800 :D so super happy with the day's work :D:D:D

Here you go

Well done! :D 400 next ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

How's the throat now K?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Here you go

Well done! :D 400 next ?

Ha thanks I might wait for an official one. I think I can knock a few more seconds off :)

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    How's the throat now K?

Still lingering grrr :(

Ha thanks I might wait for an official one. I think I can knock a few more seconds off :)

That's fighting talk, I like it :) It won't be long before you're adding it to the table. When you say official, do you mean an 800m race?

p.s. hope you can knock that sore throat on the head K

p.p.s. Dilbert what's this SCAR all about?

Neady83 wrote: »
    That's fighting talk, I like it :) It won't be long before you're adding it to the table. When you say official, do you mean an 800m race?

Haha thanks :) Ya a race would be the right job. I wouldn't be 100% confident on the accuracy of those splits especially when I managed to press the wrong buttons for the other 4!!!

• Advertisement

p.p.s. Dilbert what's this SCAR all about?

www.thescar.ie

Prob right up your street too S!

Wednesday:

Run: 25 min recovery

Legs were in good shape after the faster stuff.

Swim: 1.4k

I've been neglecting my swimming so popped into the pool for 40min before karate. The pool was pretty empty but I met one of the guys from the class - only recognised him when I saw him practising his karate kicks :D

Karate: 2 hrs

Tough session. But good. Had to work hard. We have a tournament in 4 weeks and grading in 7 weeks so pressure is on!

Thursday:

Run: 6.2m @ 8:20

This was a funny run. I was tired because I was up very early and my legs were knackered from karate. I was going to turn back after a mile but I kind of had it in my head to get my 'long' run done today and the pace was healthy so I stayed going. The miles kept getting faster after that even though I'd say to myself towards the end of every mile, right we'll get to the end of this mile and then drop it back to recovery pace. And I would slow down but then the pace would creep back up again! Not complaining mind you. A few weeks ago I was struggling to get my easy pace under 9:30. Think I might sleep for the rest of the day now :D

www.thescar.ie

Prob right up your street too S!

Nice looking race, you're going for the long one? Nice lumpy biking to be done and a more than lumpy run. Hadn't even heard of it but taking note of it.

When are you starting a log?

Nice looking race, you're going for the long one? Nice lumpy biking to be done and a more than lumpy run. Hadn't even heard of it but taking note of it.
    Yup - in the long one, against my better judgement after KAR!
    When are you starting a log?
    Not you too! I actually have a log but at this stage it's so far buried it's probably fossilised.

Friday:

Rest

Felt crap after the run on Thursday. Had a blinding headache for the evening and really wanted to throw up. But I didn't. I went to bed and I felt great when I woke up. Had planned a rest day anyway :)

Saturday:

Run: 30 min recovery + strides

All good. Did my stretches afterwards and practised some karate. I have 4 kata (routines) to learn for the grading. I get confused sometimes which stance I should be in, should I be blocking or punching so I found this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=irdLe7HYfzc on you tube. It's great cause you can slow it right down. I'm pretty confident about the first 3 kata now :D
    My resting heart rate was 40 this morning :) and I feel good so I'm gonna do the intermediate race tomorrow. Apologies Conor for completely ignoring your advice but you know what I'm like! Carpe diem :D

Apologies Conor for completely ignoring your advice but you know what I'm like! Carpe diem :D

I'd expect nothing different! Glad you're feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Catching up here. Good to see you're flying again! Well done on the exam too. And already grading at karate?!! No stopping you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck with the race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

+1 good luck.

Delighted that you're feeling better CM. Best of luck tomorrow, not that you need it, all you have to do is go out and do what you're good at :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Best of everything tomorrow, to you and the team!

....all you have to do is go out and do what you're good at :)

I think she means running, rather than pulling on a bathrobe and ogling the karate instructor... ;)

I think she means running, rather than pulling on a bathrobe and ogling the karate instructor... ;)

Hahaha :D

He's not the instructor and sadly my internet stalking is severely hampered by not knowing his surname ;)

Thanks for all the good lucks. Feeling great this morn so fingers crossed :D

How'd you go?

Sunday: County Intermediate xc

7th place
    3rd scorer for the team
    Team gold :D:D:D

Tough race. Really felt it in my lungs. Started off in the first 10 or so and gradually made up a few places over the first k until I was in 6th with my team mate Lorraine on my shoulder. We ran together for the next while and caught another girl. Around three and a half k, I was starting to struggle with my breathing. Legs were still strong but the ten days I missed were starting to count against me. I dropped back off Lorraine and after another couple of minutes another team mate, Angela also went by me. I had a sneaky look behind me going around a corner and could see that there was a good bit of daylight back to the next girl so all I had to do was not let the pace drop anymore!! Manage to stick it out but boy was it hard work. As soon as I had finished I just collapsed on the ground. Luckily in a place with no cow ****e :D Lorraine made up another place and finished 4th and Angela was in front of me in 6th. Absolutely thrilled with the team gold. John, our coach was over the moon too cause it's a good few years since Moyne have won the intermediate :D

Your some woman, massive well done on county gold! Most certainly deserved. Enjoy the celebratory chocolate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Great stuff on the XC! You're as tough as nails and if anybody tried to pass you the karate could come in handy. :D

Nice one Kate, great team effort too and it sounds like you ran very smartly and left it all out there. That gold is well deserved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Fantastic result, well done you and team!

• Advertisement

How are you today after yesterday's events?

Advertisement