Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of the frying pan, into the .... fish pond

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Deadly. Well done. Pity you haven't more splits or I'd ask you for a statistical analysis of the variability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Deadly. Well done. Pity you haven't more splits or I'd ask you for a statistical analysis of the variability.

Maybe it's a good thing! I'd only tell you to stick your statistics where the sun don't shine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Fantastic result for you!!! Obviously you are over the moon! Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Sorry to have lost you in AR but since you've grown fins it was only a matter of time :P Cracking 5k btw, not one bit surprised you won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

brilliant running, CM! Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

You've only defected a wet week and you're on The Table already! Congratulations, nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Maybe it's a good thing! I'd only tell you to stick your statistics where the sun don't shine :D

In fairness there was a high probability of a response like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Well done, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about tucking in behind the other woman, letting her set the pace, while you took shelter from the wind. I'm sure she thought she was going to drop you, she didn't, so that's just her hard luck. Like you say, it was a race and you raced it better than her.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Fantastic result for you!!! Obviously you are over the moon! Congrats! :)

Cheers Dory :D
    Runchick wrote: »
    Sorry to have lost you in AR but since you've grown fins it was only a matter of time :P Cracking 5k btw, not one bit surprised you won :D

Thanks R. Judging by all the mountain biking you're doing, you might be following me ;)
    annapr wrote: »
    brilliant running, CM! Well done!

Thanks Anna. Well done yourself on your shiny new PB :)
    Bungy Girl wrote: »
    You've only defected a wet week and you're on The Table already! Congratulations, nice work.

Thanks BG. Hard luck on the 4 seconds. Good running all the same :)
    Dilbert75 wrote: »
    In fairness there was a high probability of a response like that.

:D
    zico10 wrote: »
    Well done, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about tucking in behind the other woman, letting her set the pace, while you took shelter from the wind. I'm sure she thought she was going to drop you, she didn't, so that's just her hard luck. Like you say, it was a race and you raced it better than her.

Thanks zico :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

You're flying!! That's brilliant race tactics and just shows you shouldn't have a conscience in racing!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well hey there Teamie :) Great to have you on the right side

Wll done on the PB and another win!

Now that the lads have their own adventure done this month, I'll be calling a team training day soon!

AKW wrote: »
    You're flying!! That's brilliant race tactics and just shows you shouldn't have a conscience in racing!! :D

Thanks Sean. Are you suggesting I'm ruthless???

I'm eagerly anticipating your report on C2C btw :D
    Well hey there Teamie :) Great to have you on the right side

Wll done on the PB and another win!

Now that the lads have their own adventure done this month, I'll be calling a team training day soon!

Hey Mike :) Thanks

Cool :D Just don't call it for the June bank holiday weekend .... I have plans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

If you're cycling is as good as your swim & run this will be interesting ;) Well done

I'm eagerly anticipating your report on C2C btw :D

Working on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done on the win K. I think it's time to move back. You are a runner after all ;)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Well done on the win K. I think it's time to move back. You are a runner after all ;)

You were one of the people trying to get rid of me :eek:

Monday:

Rest

Legs were tired. I got a massive blister on my big toe running home from Moyne. I thought it was only 8 miles but it turned out to be 10.5 and I only had very thin socks on :(

Tuesday:

Swim: 2.6k

4x(50sw,50p,25k)
    4x50 as 25 fs, 25p (use a pull buoy for the fs)
    6x(100 broom, 100sw)
    200 as 25 fast, 25 easy
    200 pb BE 5
    200 backstroke

Revisited the front scull. Happy to say I managed it way better than the last time. Good swim :D

Run: 3.1m @ 9:28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Just FYI,

The savage comment was to do with the run home from Moyne AFTER winning a 5k.

I didn't know exactly how far it was but knew it would have been 10+ miles. Usually after a hard 5k I'm not fit to drive home.

Wednesday:

Run: 6.6m @ 8:47

I meant to go for a cycle this afternoon but I went for a nap instead :o I'm doing an 8k race on Friday and there was a nice little bounce back in my legs tonight which I'm pleased about :)

Official results on munsterrunning for the Moyne 5k have me at 19:35 so a 2 sec pb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

Wednesday:
    I meant to go for a cycle this afternoon but I went for a nap instead :o I'm doing an 8k race on Friday and there was a nice little bounce back in my legs tonight which I'm pleased about :)

are you doing poulmucka??? might see you there

• Advertisement

dcorcaigh wrote: »
    are you doing poulmucka??? might see you there

I am indeed. Looking forward to it :)

Thursday:

Bike: 30k in 1:28

The MTB was dusted off and dragged out for a spin. I need to get it serviced. The derailleur hasn't been working properly since I was on the trails in November.

Run: 5k in 25:05

Straight off the bike and out for a run. Legs felt like crap but I was running faster than I normally do for my easy runs :confused:

Swim: 2.6k

200 easy
    200 kick
    200, 400, 600, 400, 200 all with the pb alternating 50 BE 3, 50 BE 5
    400 alternating 50 fc, 50 backstroke

Are you any way at all mechanically inclined?

Pretty easy to adjust a derailleur, tons of videos on youtube to show you how and great to know if you're ever stuck in the future.

Personally, I'd break an anvil in a bog, but I'm quite happy to do most of my own bike mechanic work now after a little research and with a few basic tools. Quite therapeutic and satisfying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pointer28 wrote: »

Eh CM is female...........
    Pretty easy to adjust a derailleur, tons of videos on youtube to show you how and great to know if you're ever stuck in the future.

Personally, I'd break an anvil in a bog, but I'm quite happy to do most of my own bike mechanic work now after a little research and with a few basic tools. Quite therapeutic and satisfying too.

Thing about derailleurs is - it might be the derailleur, it might be the cable. You can spend hours dicking with the derailleur when you really need to change the cables.

Hmmm I'll have a look at youtube but the last time I went messing with the bike I was trying to lower the handlebars and I took out some little thing that looked like an incomplete circle. It turned out to be important and the steering went funny and the guys in the bike shop had to order a new headset for me :o

tunney wrote: »
    Eh CM is female............

The truth hurts :D

Meet your sister CM! ;)

I've met CM and a fine example of the fairer sex she is too.

Tunney is right though, might be the derailleur, might be the cables, might even be the rear hanger is slightly bent. I'd offer to have a look for you but I'm not likely to be passing you're way anytime soon and I'm sure there's any amount of bike shops closer to you than I am.

I've met CM and a fine example of the fairer sex she is too.

Tunney is right though, might be the derailleur, might be the cables, might even be the rear hanger is slightly bent. I'd offer to have a look for you but I'm not likely to be passing you're way anytime soon and I'm sure there's any amount of bike shops closer to you than I am.
    No worries I'll drop it in to the bike shop in Birr soon :D

• Advertisement

Probably a good idea.

The last time I "fixed" my bike I ended up cycling the Slieve Blooms with no rear brakes, great craic altogether on the descents.

Advertisement