Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home insurance

Options
  • 13-05-2015 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

right, im looking at quotes for contents insurance in a rented apartment that is shared with other people

your website seems to suggest you provide this - fantastic!

you have a box in your quote form though and it says:

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Minimum Security Requirements apply"[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]when i click the help icon i get told:[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]"[/font]If minimum security applies then there is no cover for loss of or damage to the insured property at the home caused by theft, malicious people or vandalism unless the following or other security devices as agreed in writing by us apply."

now, maybe im reading too much into this. .. but if the quote screen says "minimum security requires apply - NO" then i AM covered for theft etc? otherwise im failing to see the point of the policy, but im confused by the wording

secondly, do you have a boards.ie discount?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

user99 wrote: »
    right, im looking at quotes for contents insurance in a rented apartment that is shared with other people

your website seems to suggest you provide this - fantastic!

you have a box in your quote form though and it says:

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Minimum Security Requirements apply"[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]when i click the help icon i get told:[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]"[/font]If minimum security applies then there is no cover for loss of or damage to the insured property at the home caused by theft, malicious people or vandalism unless the following or other security devices as agreed in writing by us apply."

now, maybe im reading too much into this. .. but if the quote screen says "minimum security requires apply - NO" then i AM covered for theft etc? otherwise im failing to see the point of the policy, but im confused by the wording

secondly, do you have a boards.ie discount?

thanks

Hi User99
    If our website stated that minimum security requirements do not apply you would be covered theft. If you want to DM me with your quotation details I can arrange for someone to call you and discuss this further with you. Unfortunately at the moment we do not offer a Boards.ie discount.
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement