Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to send 1 file only to iphone (without syncing)

• 13-05-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question but I have an audiobook on my PC that I want to put onto my wife's iphone. The problem is this: The files are on my laptop, but her iphone is not synced with the laptop. I don't have quick access to her laptop, so would like to just add the audiobook now and be done with it. However itunes keeps telling me that because the phone is not already synced with this library, syncing will lose all the data from her phone.

Is there any way around this?

(sorry if I'm being slow, I'm an android user myself)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

How big is it? Could you email it or use something like Dropbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Wifi direct? nfc? bluetooth-LE ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Asmooh wrote: »
    Wifi direct? nfc? bluetooth-LE ?

iPhone hasn't got the first 2 and you could never send files to an iPhone with Bluetooth.

guil wrote: »
    iPhone hasn't got the first 2 and you could never send files to an iPhone with Bluetooth.
    get her a normal phone... because back in the days when windows mobile 2003 was out you could even sent files using bluetooth...
    before with symbian S40 you can, but you can't with iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

mediamonkey.com/download/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Asmooh wrote: »
    get her a normal phone... because back in the days when windows mobile 2003 was out you could even sent files using bluetooth...
    before with symbian S40 you can, but you can't with iPhone?

Useful comment. :rolleyes:

The file is a biggie - 607MB (was surprised at the size of an audiobook, but I suppose it's like 20+ hours)

dulpit wrote: »
    Useful comment. :rolleyes:

The file is a biggie - 607MB (was surprised at the size of an audiobook, but I suppose it's like 20+ hours)

maybe not.. but get her a phone with USB-OTG and you can easy just copy to usb and back to phone if you want to, way easier.

If the audiobook is in a format that VLC can play, install it from the App Store if you can. Connect to iTunes and instead of syncing, go to the Apps tab and scroll right down to the File Sharing section. You can then add the file there and play it in VLC.

Advertisement