Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer these questions Eircom

Options
  • 13-05-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Since your colleagues on Eircom.net, Twitter, Tech Support and Cancellations will not answer me, I will now ask you the same questions

Why did an engineer say he called to my house on Tuesday, May 12th when he did not?
    Why did I then get told my fault was fixed when it wasn't?

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE!

Then, release me form my contract so I can actually get broadband again

7 months since e-fibre installed, 7 months of intermittent issues, constant phone calls, chats, tweets, emails, several engineer visits.

Last two weeks maybe a few minutes of broadband a day and then a succession of texts saying an engineer could not call because of circumstances beyond your control, then the above lies.

Disgusted with Eircom.

Release me from the contract

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

Surprise surprise no answer from Eircom yet again.

They lie to their customers.

They ignore their customers complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Sorry to hear this, I hope you have this resolved soon so you can take your custom elsewhere.

Biggest mistake we evermade was going with ericom, and the best thing we ever done was cancelling.

Utter joke of a "service", if you would even call it that.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you have this resolved soon so you can take your custom elsewhere.

Biggest mistake we evermade was going with ericom, and the best thing we ever done was cancelling.

Cheers Duke - unfortunately I am stuck in a contract with them - have been pleading with them to release me from it for a while now so fingers crossed. Have yet another engineer (supposedly) coming out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Funnily enough I would have said that about UPC. Since moving to eircom our broadband reliability has been superb and the modem they supply is also significantly better than UPC's. However, their customer service as the OP has found out is severely lacking and comparable to UPC's. I had very similar issues as the OP with UPC.

Kavrocks wrote: »

Funnily enough I would have said that about UPC. Since moving to eircom our broadband reliability has been superb and the modem they supply is also significantly better than UPC's. However, their customer service as the OP has found out is severely lacking and comparable to UPC's. I had very similar issues as the OP with UPC.
    I have previous with UPC too. To be fair I was an Eircom customer for years without issue, left for sky and returned to eircom when they got fibre in my area - it is only since then that I have had issues with eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I had Eircom broadband for years at 3 Meg speed with no problem. Only started going wrong when I "upgraded" to 24 Meg . At that point it dipped to below 1 Meg speeds. I didn't hang around after that. Cancelled it. I think they've been throttling speeds and lying about it too. They're trying to run NGB and efibre from the same exchange and it doesn't have the capacity for everything. I switched to UPC by the way because the speeds were much higher

sounds all too possible. seem to be a lot of people having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

I was, up until today, 5 weeks with no broadband from eircom. I had 3 mb and it all died. 9 calls later and I contacted comreg. Eircom support have a by the book course of action and when finally they agree that line is faulty they log a call and 3 to 4 day response. Got a response once  and a new socket that worked for an hour and died. It was never the socket but engineer reported repaired. Audible crackle on phone line that just about allowed voice through. The engineer can never be contacted by support or by me so they are not accountable. Cannot wait for Vodafone and ESB at least there will be proper competition and not leased lines. Connected today at 2.6 mb and fairly robust but this could be because comreg logged my compliant today OR it is not raining OR a solution was finally found, but I may never know as Eircom will not contact me to tell me a resolution has been found. Something wrong with Eircom they were never this bad. Monolopy by Eircom was never a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭65535

'Audible crackle' on a phone.
    Remove all cables from the master socket.
    Plug in a new phone and line cord - if still crackling then it is the line

Crackling on the line is down to line noise, which most of the time is a bad connection somewhere.

65535 wrote: »
    'Audible crackle' on a phone.
    Remove all cables from the master socket.
    Plug in a new phone and line cord - if still crackling then it is the line

Crackling on the line is down to line noise, which most of the time is a bad connection somewhere.
    ok....There is a phone line coming into the house. This line has 2 cables that feed the house phone system. The engineer replaced the socket where the 2 lines are connected. The socket is connected to the modem by a cable. The phone is connected to the socket by a cable. There are NO other phones in the house. Could not be a more simple wiring layout. I have spare phone units for testing. I have spare cables. They all crackle especially when it is very wet outside. I am telling Eircom that my line is faulty...I am not asking them.....what more can I do other than climb the pole and replace the faulty line? Sorry if I sound cross but I have been through the 'support' :) over 10 times now. Actually right now an engineer has promised to ring at 8 am this morning and I am sitting here typing while I wait. Broadband is up and running right now but it will die

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Engineers will often log visits that neve happened as it means they can sit in their vans doing nothing for longer. It is instruction handed down by trade unions.

garhjw wrote: »
    Engineers will often log visits that neve happened as it means they can sit in their vans doing nothing for longer. It is instruction handed down by trade unions.
    Support rang and prioritised engineer call out by the latest Thursday. I said if an engineer calls right now they will find nothing wrong in the exchange or here as the broadband is back up and running, but when it rains I will be ringing you again and the circle continues. I need to be able to contact an engineer when the broadband is down otherwise the fault will never be found. Intermittent faults are harder to locate and repair.Anyway this is the 7th prioritisation so here we go again. They damn well know that the line is faulty but they just rather drag me through this rigmarole rather then pay engineers to install new line. 

Advertisement