Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to give notice to close my Current Account

Options
  • 13-05-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I am moving bank and may avail of the switching pack - Do I have to give notice to close my BoI account and do I have to go to my branch to close it?

I'm keeping my savings and credit card account.  I presume I will still be able to use the online function for these?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi datk, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We have addressed a thread here on Boards.ie previously regarding the produce to close an account. This will provide you with the steps involved. 

To avail of 365Online you would need to hold a Bank of Ireland current account or demand deposit account. Thus, if your savings account is within our Demand Deposit account range, 365Online will still be accessible to you. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Forget about that link (looks like they want to confuse you) if you use the switching pack. Your new bank will do everything for you. If you have any money left in your BOI Current Account they will even arrange with BOI to have it transferred into your new current account.

Advertisement