Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pir/EE Kitchen Door.HKC1070.

Options
  • 13-05-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi All. Thank you to all replies have my alarm and fobs working perfectly now.

I have one last query tho !!!!

I have PIR in kitchen and sensor on back door. Both Zones set to "Alarm"

I set the alarm from outside the House as I leave I hear that the alarm is set as I walk by the front door as I hear the "squawk". Perfect.

Now on returning , I switch off the alarm prior to entering house with fob -grand.

Is there any way that I can open the Entry door (kitchen) and then turn off the alarm when in kitchen , with countdown from RKP without changing the door zone to EE. (for Missus this is way she is used to!!)

The problem I have is that I want the exit door (kitchen) to be "alarm" when I am away from the house so that if entry was attempted while away
    activation would be immediate and not delayed until countdown finished.

Hope its not confusing! (I presume this cannot be done , but not overly au fait with what all the settings can do.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no simple way of doing it.
    The only thing that comes to mind would be some type of key-switch (or keypad ) outside the house connected to an EE zone & then programme the door as access. That way if the key switch zone is not opened first then the door would activate instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ah thanks Kool Kid its no bother , I thought as much ..many thanks Paddy

ps did you get email I sent earlier.....re Camera !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I did.
    Ill get to it in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All. Thank you to all replies have my alarm and fobs working perfectly now.

I have one last query tho !!!!

I have PIR in kitchen and sensor on back door. Both Zones set to "Alarm"

I set the alarm from outside the House as I leave I hear that the alarm is set as I walk by the front door as I hear the "squawk". Perfect.

Now on returning , I switch off the alarm prior to entering house with fob -grand.

Is there any way that I can open the Entry door (kitchen) and then turn off the alarm when in kitchen , with countdown from RKP without changing the door zone to EE. (for Missus this is way she is used to!!)

The problem I have is that I want the exit door (kitchen) to be "alarm" when I am away from the house so that if entry was attempted while away
    activation would be immediate and not delayed until countdown finished.

Hope its not confusing! (I presume this cannot be done , but not overly au fait with what all the settings can do.

You need the zone set up as entry/exit to allow you activate the entry timer.
    Another option with the 10/70 is to add a wire free keypad if cabling is an issue. This would allow you reduce the entry time as you would not need to get to the keypad in the hall. Also as your keyfobs are set up for code unset an would be intruder would need to know your code to use the fob to turn off your alarm system.

Advertisement