Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough cost for sorting this garden

Options
  • 13-05-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all - I have a back garden about 40 feet long and 20 wide as shown in the pics. My lawnmower went kaput last year and I haven't replaced it so the lawn has overgrown a fair bit.

I also need to dump the stuff along the wall, and the neighbours have been complaining about the height of the trees at the back so I've been thinking about getting them topped. (I was thinking of this last year and read that there's only certain times of the year you can do this, and you have to be sure there aren't any nesting birds).

Could someone give me a rough cost for each of these:

- Cut and take away grass
    - Paint decking (about 20 ft x 10 ft L-shaped)
    - Cut tops of trees

If anyone has a rough ideas for this (I'm in Dublin 9) I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Some_randomer

Anyone?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

You'd be better off cutting down the grass with a strimmer a couple of times first. A man with a petrol strimmer would probably do it for 20 euro. Then use the little lawnmower in the picture to mow the grass. Takes a bit of doing, but if the mower is good it does a better job than petrol or electric. A Small electric mower costs about 80 euro or less
    If you have a compost bin (brown colour) put it in that. Otherwise maybe put it around the bottom of the trees. it would act as a mulch, (ie keep down weeds) and also feed the trees as it breaks down.
    The trees look good there, but if the neighbours are complaining, you could buy a ''Bushman'' saw for about 20 euro and cut the tops off yourself or ask a neighbour. But be careful with ladder!

10 Litres of Fencelife for the decking costs about 15 euro but will need two or three coats

Advertisement