Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone get a BFP without any symptoms?

• 13-05-2015 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Query applies to those who went on to have a successful pregnancy.

You hear of people being shocked to find out they are pregnant.

Am one of the many symptom spotters among us and trying hard not to obsess. Have any of you got a BFP but had no tell tale symptoms?? And/ or based on that, were really surprised by your BFP?

On my 1st pregnancy, I had a hunch after a few days of ovulation as my boobs hurt like hell for the whole 2WW ( and for the full 1st trimester) so I was hoping for and was right about my BFP.

Anyways..just curious.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I had zero symptoms. If anything the absence of symptoms should have been a flag to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

yellow hen wrote: »
    I had zero symptoms. If anything the absence of symptoms should have been a flag to me.

So sorry to hear that. I guess I should have asked that the BFP was successful.

I know of two people who swore at the time that they had no symptoms or that they noticed anyway in early pregnancy and were shocked. And yes, they worried at the time but were fine. TBH, people can have selective memory...or exaggerate. If it does happen and all ends up well, it's prob VERY rare.

Oh sorry I should have said, it was a BFP. Totally unexpected after almost 2 years. Happened the month I just decided to drink like a fish and start smoking again!

Oh sorry I should have said, it was a BFP. Totally unexpected after almost 2 years. Happened the month I just decided to drink like a fish and start smoking again!

I'm sorry YH but did that BFP progress successfully? I'm not sure what you mean.

Yes I got a BFP and had a successful pregnancy. Didn't have a symptom in the world though even though every unsuccessful month I seemed to have every symptom possible.

• Advertisement

Yes I got a BFP and had a successful pregnancy. Didn't have a symptom in the world though even though every unsuccessful month I seemed to have every symptom possible.

Okay. Thanks. Good to know! Sorry that the symptoms are not leading to BFP at the moment. Soon I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I was only talking to a friend today about this. She had no symptoms apart from tiredness and went for blood tests to check her iron levels and the doc said she was pregnant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I got my BFP when I was a few hours late. I was getting my "usual" cramps, my cycle is obviously like clockwork because after a few hours I thought it was odd I had cramps but still no period. It was our first week in our lives that we hadn't used contraception...and there was a faint positive when I tested a few hours after my period should've arrived. In hindsight I was absolutely exhausted for a few days about a week after ovulation, but as I was away for a small holiday I thought I was just tired from doing lots. I had no symptoms other than the "period" cramps and lack of period until week 8 or 9.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had no symptoms. The first physical symptom that I likely would have noticed after a period no-show in the absence of pregnancy tests and scans would be a growing bump, and I was about 4.5 months along before that happened. If the baby hadnt been transverse and more tucked in, it could have been nearer 5 months.

I did have mild cravings, like for something particular late at night, but I got those when not pregnant all the time! A bit more tired maybe, but nothing that I'd have spotted as a symptom unless I had been TTC. Never got sick or nausea either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Neyite wrote: »
    I had no symptoms. The first physical symptom that I likely would have noticed after a period no-show in the absence of pregnancy tests and scans would be a growing bump, and I was about 4.5 months along before that happened.

JEALOUS. At week 8 I thought I was getting rotten constant nausea...turned out to be a virus, nausea & diarrhoea, how lovely. It lasted a week, I thought great it's over...I got a virus a month for 3 months, it was fecking hell, my immune system was clearly non existent. If it wasn't for that and craving salt & vinegar stuff (which I hate normally) I would've been grand. I didn't get a bump until nearly 30 weeks, I was just about showing when I was admitted at 36 weeks, amazing how peoples pregnancies differ isn't it.

• Advertisement

I was just like you neyite. I loved being pregnant.... If only I could get duffed again! :(

I was just like you neyite. I loved being pregnant.... If only I could get duffed again! :(

Me too. On both counts. Trying to be optimistic about zero symptoms....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I can personally comment on this thread now. Got a BFP today, I am exhausted, sore boobs and nauseated:)

I can personally comment on this thread now. Got a BFP today, I am exhausted, sore boobs and nauseated:)

Congrats! Have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Well done!! :)

Advertisement