Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelled payment taken from my account

Options
  • 13-05-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

I was paying for lunch today and yer man accidentally cancelled the transaction after I had put my pin in, so we went ahead and did the transaction again but I've just seen online that the payment was taken twice. It's only a few quid but will it be refunded as the first transaction did not complete?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi cb123, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

In this type of situation, the transaction will generally fall off your account within a few days once the merchant does not process the approval code supplied for the authorisation. 

If this does not happen within 3 to 5 working days, you can contact the merchant and request a refund. If you still have the cancelled receipt you can also present this to the merchant which will assist with the refund. 

Our BOI Direct team are also on hand should you experience any difficulty with this and you can call them on 0818 365 365. 

We hope this helps address your question and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement