Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presents for New Mum

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

HI, A friend of mine had her first baby this week. I'd like to get her a really decent pressie....more for herself than the baby but open to ideas. A days pampering sounds lovely but I know she won't want to leave the baby for ages so ruling that one out.

Is there anything you got or would have liked? Really would love suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

A restaurant voucher for a place that does decent take away, a nice hand cream and a box of chocolates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

a meal voucher and the offer of a babysitter for the same night is a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My favourite presents for me were:
    A really nice hand cream
    A really nice body lotion
    A voucher for a wash and blow dry at my local hairdressers and my sister babysitting for the hour I was gone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pop around to her house in 2 weeks time and do any housework that needs to be done. Take away her laundry basket and bring everything back washed and dry. Mind baby for a few hours some afternoon while mother has a nap. Any of them would be a priceless gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Chocolate....really nice chocolate. The only issue is that if she is breastfeeding baby may have with chocolate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Some lovely ideas for presents there but to be honest the idea of a friend doing my housework or laundry wouldn't appeal to me in the slightest! Some nice homemade meals for the freezer could be good too and/or a decent bottle of wine that they could get to in their own time(if of course they like wine). A friend of mine gave me a lovely little box with some pampering stuff including a single face mask, a little tube of handcream, a hair conditioning treatment, a little box of nice chocolates and a small bottle of champagne. It was so nice of her. My baby was born at the start of November and I didn't get around to using the stuff until New Year's Eve but it was such a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Have to agree, I really wouldn't like even the closest of friends doing my laundry! I got a few good bottles of champagne and a lovely clarins handcream. I think making a meal for the freezer is a great idea. When my friend had her baby last summer I dropped over a couple of lasagnes over when her partner had gone back to work and she was so appreciative. Trying to fit in cooking when still getting used to a tiny baby and figuring out feeding was a challenge I still remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Get her something she likes... it's so easy to lose yourself when there's a baby around.

So if she likes wine / chocolate / clothes then maybe a voucher for her favourite shops. I know after months in maternity clothes I was dying to get into a shop and buy something for myself, but felt I couldn't justify it, because I was stoney broke on mat leave.

Advertisement