Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone ever get their BFP but had no symptoms?

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

You hear of people being shocked to find out they are pregnant.

Am one of the many symptom spotters among us and trying hard not to obsess. Have any of you got a BFP but had no tell tale symptoms?? And/ or based on that, were really surprised by your BFP?

On my 1st pregnancy, I had a hunch after a few days of ovulation as my boobs hurt like hell for the whole 2WW ( and for the full 1st trimester) so I was hoping for and was right about my BFP.

Anyways..just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

73trix wrote: »
    You hear of people being shocked to find out they are pregnant.

Am one of the many symptom spotters among us and trying hard not to obsess. Have any of you got a BFP but had no tell tale symptoms?? And/ or based on that, were really surprised by your BFP?

On my 1st pregnancy, I had a hunch after a few days of ovulation as my boobs hurt like hell for the whole 2WW ( and for the full 1st trimester) so I was hoping for and was right about my BFP.

Anyways..just curious.

The first time I tested the morning my period was due and got my BFP burn ad no symptoms for a while.
    This time around my period was a few days late and also my sense of smell had gotten very acute. My boobs were also lookimg a bit fuller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

The first time I tested the morning my period was due and got my BFP burn ad no symptoms for a while.
    This time around my period was a few days late and also my sense of smell had gotten very acute. My boobs were also lookimg a bit fuller.

Thanks Penny. Did everything go well after your 1st BFP ? So perhaps in the 2WW it may not be obvious. I'm symptom spotting like crazy and just wondered is it ever more subtle??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Thanks Penny. Did everything go well after your 1st BFP ? So perhaps in the 2WW it may not be obvious. I'm symptom spotting like crazy and just wondered is it ever more subtle??

Yep, it went swimmingly well. After a few weeks 2/3 maybe, I did start to experience symptoms such as exhaustion, waking during the night and having to pee a lot. The usual sore boobs came then too.
    That lasted until about week 14/16 and then I felt like my old self and found myself wondering if I'd imagined the previous 3/4 months!

This time I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I am feeling pregnant sooner but nothing major. I've noticed an increase in my frequency of bathroom visits, I'm waking during the night again and as mentioned previously my sense of smell is working overtime. Today my boobs got very tender.
    The cramping etc, I am feeling but I think it's because I'm more aware of what is happening to my body this time around.

Yep, it went swimmingly well. After a few weeks 2/3 maybe, I did start to experience symptoms such as exhaustion, waking during the night and having to pee a lot. The usual sore boobs came then too.
    That lasted until about week 14/16 and then I felt like my old self and found myself wondering if I'd imagined the previous 3/4 months!

This time I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I am feeling pregnant sooner but nothing major. I've noticed an increase in my frequency of bathroom visits, I'm waking during the night again and as mentioned previously my sense of smell is working overtime. Today my boobs got very tender.
    The cramping etc, I am feeling but I think it's because I'm more aware of what is happening to my body this time around.

The very best of luck Penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had no major symptoms either time. Only for the fact we were TTC both times I wouldn't have noticed a thing until I had missed a period. Weirdly, both times I got morning sickness the day after I had a positive pregnancy test.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

No symptoms, apart from a missed period, and later down the line, a growing bump.

And outside of TTC I never really logged my cycle dates anywhere, so it could have been a few weeks before I twigged my period was absent, had I not been TTC, knew the day I was due and tested that morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yeah. I had a mini pregnancy in between my boys. I never knew, had no symptoms just realised one day I hadn't had a period in a while. Did a clear blue digital test and that said 8 weeks!! Sadly it wasn't to be. Went to the twelve week app and there was no heartbeat.

But I was very shocked I never twigged, I thought stories like that were only in soaps :D

Sorry to hear that hanibal. There are quite a few such experiences of no symptoms at bfp out there.

10DPO now and starting to notice one or 2 possible symptoms but afraid to get hopes up. The knicker watching is terrible! I wish I was not so consumed. It's torture. Planning to test on Thurs/Friday...If AF doesn't arrive of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Can't remember having any symptoms before doing the test. I only did it because I was a few days late, however my previous two periods had been three weeks late so I was NOT expecting a positive.

That very same day I started spotting and feeling nauseous etc. But I think I was around 6-7 weeks before proper morning sickness, weird boobs etc kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Sorry to hear that hanibal. There are quite a few such experiences of no symptoms at bfp out there.

10DPO now and starting to notice one or 2 possible symptoms but afraid to get hopes up. The knicker watching is terrible! I wish I was not so consumed. It's torture. Planning to test on Thurs/Friday...If AF doesn't arrive of course.

Oh jees Trix...I thought you were just asking in general, I didn't realise you were waiting to find out. There's me waltzing in with my tale of sunshine!! :pac:

Its the longest wait ever. Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement