Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot scissors and sharp nails salon Limerick

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

The is a deal on living social website for full head of hi-lights at hot scissors and sharp nails salon in limerick. Just wondering if anyone has got hi-lights done there and would u recommend it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've never ever heared of that salon before and I would know most of the hair salons/beauty salons in limerick city. Is it in the county?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

panda100 wrote: »
    I've never ever heared of that salon before and I would know most of the hair salons/beauty salons in limerick city. Is it in the county?

It says" O'Connell Avenue" but I drove up that way yesterday and couldn't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

I've used a groupon deal for highlights in Hot Scissors before. They were located downstairs/basement level so they are easy to miss. I had looked up the price list on their website before purchasing the deal to compare the original value as listed on the groupon offer to the price list, I wanted to see if it was just for one colour as I normally get at least 2. The original value was the equivalent of 2 colours on their website so bought it.

When I went in to get it done I asked for 2 colours and was told the deal was only for one. I pointed out that the original value they provided to groupon exceeded the real value of the service in that cases and after the stylist speaking to the manager/owner I was given 2 colours.

I found the stylist to be extremely slow got the impression she wasn't experienced. It took over 3 hours, they were literally closed and everyone waiting around for her to finish my hair.

I wouldn't recommend, aside from all the above, the end result wasn't great. Highlights not brought close enough to the roots around forehead and temples so it looked like I had re growth before I even left the place.

Overall not worth the money in my opinion even if it was a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Whatever about the service, the name of the salon sounds absolutely terrifying!!

Advertisement